Has anybody seen the Joe Coors commercial where he drives a Volt?
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody seen the Joe Coors commercial where he drives a Volt?

Default Has anybody seen the Joe Coors commercial where he drives a Volt?

He never says GM or Volt, just hybrid.

He is the Republican candidate for congress in Western Denver. Not in my district, so I won't be able to vote against him.

Anyway, it's a Volt, but he has his garage door opener clipped to the visor instead of using the linked garage door opener in the roof of the car. So that was weird.

But I thought it was newsworthy to see someone drive a Volt in a political ad.
    2013 Cyber Grey #3672
    Black leather, dark grey interior, sport wheels, Bose. Basically all the trimmings except for Nav.
    Ordered 6/28
    Shipped 8/1
    Drove it home 8/14
    - Schneider Electric EV Link Charger

Quote Originally Posted by joebert View Post
    But I thought it was newsworthy to see someone drive a Volt in a political ad.
    Just saw the ad tonight. Indeed it was newsworthy (and refreshing) to see a Republican candidate for Congress promoting EV's.

Is he running in Dist. 7? Against Ed Perlmutter? He'll probably lose. Perlmutter is quite popular, and he deserves that popularity. He works hard for the district.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Just saw the ad tonight. Indeed it was newsworthy (and refreshing) to see a Republican candidate for Congress promoting EV's.
    It would be even nicer to have a Democrat believe in a blanced budget, but we can all dream
    8KW solar.array
    96 square foot solar hot water array
    Solar clothes dryer
    Banned so often I should put it in my signature

Quote Originally Posted by montgom626 View Post
    It would be even nicer to have a Democrat believe in a blanced budget, but we can all dream
    There are Democrats who want to spend more and raise taxes.
    There are Republicans who want to cut spending and cut taxes.

Then they compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by montgom626 View Post
    The last president to have a balanced budget was Cliinton and Democrat as far as I remember. His final three years as President had budget surpluses.
    Silver Ice Metallic - C4463
    VoltStats.net Details for Gieso's Volt

Here is the ad:

2012 Blue Topaz Volt - VIN:#C-8909 - Leather Seats Black with Dark Trim, Rear Camera 9/15/11 Ordered, 11/18/11 Arrived Volt Stats

Quote Originally Posted by gieso View Post
    The last president to have a balanced budget was Cliinton and Democrat as far as I remember. His final three years as President had budget surpluses.
    True, but ONLY because he got smoked in the mid term elections and big time lostscongress which democrats had held for over 50 yrs. He had no choice but to compromise and go along with republicans, who really were the ones who pushed fiscal restraint and welfare reform. Many try to say Clinton was responsible, but he had no choice to go along with republicans, otherwise he'd have been a one term president. I do credit him with compromising though to save his own butt.

Quote Originally Posted by dukecola View Post
    True, but ONLY because he got smoked in the mid term elections and big time lostscongress which democrats had held for over 50 yrs. He had no choice but to compromise and go along with republicans, who really were the ones who pushed fiscal restraint and welfare reform. Many try to say Clinton was responsible, but he had no choice to go along with republicans, otherwise he'd have been a one term president. I do credit him with compromising though to save his own butt.
    The 90s weren't that long ago. We can remember what really happened. Prez Clinton had always been focused on the economy throughout both of his terms. True, he worked with congress on balancing the budget, but it's just simple revisionist history to say he didn't want it or the Repubs forced him into it.

The Repubs were not interested in anything having to do with the economy back then. The only thing they were interested in was trying to attempt a coup by innuendo, with the ultimate goal of placing Newt Gingrich in the White House (number 3in line of succession. They planned on impeaching Al Gore for his expacted pardon of Clinton). Throughout the 90s, they were wasting billions of tax payer dollars investigating the President on Whitewater, Travel Office, Hillarycare, Vince Foster's suicide (murder/mob hit innuendos), Troopergate, gays in the military, drug running in an airfield, and finally $170,000,000 of taxpayer money wasted on impeachment hearings, grand juries, a crusading zealot special prosecutor and loads of hypocritical pearl clutching over a blow job.

All this time, they were foaming at the mouth, screaming draft dodger, pot smoker, sleaze bag, and parading a bunch of paid off harpies to accuse him of sexual assault and harassment. Fox News was new and Ann Coulter was a nobody before the Republican noise machine was built in the Clinton years, and continues to this day. The Repubs did very little actual work for the country in the 90s, and only revisionist history and a blow to the head with a mallet could make us believe differently. Congress today is a repeat of the 90s. They don't care about the country, just about removing a Democrat from the White House. They just replaced blow jobs with birth certificates.

Nice try though.
    Last edited by Blarneo; 09-13-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Clarification

Advertisement

Yes, and while The Newt (married at the time) was trying to impeach Clinton for his infidelity while at the same time he was going back to his office to bang his secretary whom he later married!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast