Indexing Music ..
Grab our Forum Feed

Thread: Indexing Music ..

Default Indexing Music ..

I have a 2013 Volt. Been driving for a week and my Gen V iPod with 9.5k tracks is still indexing. I want to be able to select anything other than composer, playlist, or podcast which are available immediately upon connection. When i choose artist I get the "still indexing" message and get booted back to prior screen. Had car for two weeks and have had no luck. Reduced tracks on iPod from 10.5k to 9.5K hoping 10k threshold was issue. No luck. Any suggestions?

Wish I could help. Max i did was around 1800 songs off of a USB to the HDD. Took a couple of hours.
    8KW solar.array
    96 square foot solar hot water array
    Solar clothes dryer
    Banned so often I should put it in my signature

Just going to give it more time. Know it takes a while. Did your radio have to be on for two hours uninterrupted? Or does it pick up where it left off after you turn off vehicle? I drive 1hr a day. Been 5 days and still indexing. Just disappointed with this function. I understand that the indexing allows for voice control. But all of my other GM products immediately allow me access to all of my music on my iPod when connected.
    Last edited by Paunchy; 08-29-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Advertisement

get ready to be disappointed with many of the info-tainment functions/limitations/shortcomings. seems to me the poorest designed part of the volt.
    "Clarise" 2012 White Diamond

I find the indexing very slow, but not as slow as yours. In addition, I think the Volt indexes every time you want to select an album, artist, etc...

It is great to load up the drive with songs, but kinda crappy that it takes so long to index and find albums, artist, etc... Even paging through the
    2/3/2012 - Volt Owner #05396
    Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by kavolt View Post
    get ready to be disappointed with many of the info-tainment functions/limitations/shortcomings. seems to me the poorest designed part of the volt.
    Really... it's the best I've seen from gm out there...

And yes I've set up my in law's 1202 GS Corvette with nav and ours wins hand down.....and gets soo much better gas milage

Update,

It's still indexing..., but we have progress. I now have access to Artists and Album selection so it is working. Just need a little patience 9.5k songs will take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by holland_patrick View Post
    Really... it's the best I've seen from gm out there...

And yes I've set up my in law's 1202 GS Corvette with nav and ours wins hand down.....and gets soo much better gas milage
    it may be the best you've seen from GM, but my point is that there are many, many superior systems out there in much less expensive vehicles. a huge miss for GM as far as i'm concerned.
    "Clarise" 2012 White Diamond

I have had my volt for almost 2weeks and I have the same gen v iPod, it still has "indexing" on the screen, but it seems to be working ok.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Paunchy View Post
    Just going to give it more time. Know it takes a while. Did your radio have to be on for two hours uninterrupted? Or does it pick up where it left off after you turn off vehicle? I drive 1hr a day. Been 5 days and still indexing. Just disappointed with this function. I understand that the indexing allows for voice control. But all of my other GM products immediately allow me access to all of my music on my iPod when connected.
    My thumb drive did it once.
    8KW solar.array
    96 square foot solar hot water array
    Solar clothes dryer
    Banned so often I should put it in my signature