Handsfree Voice Access to Phone's Voice Commands via Bluetooth?
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Handsfree Voice Access to Phone's Voice Commands via Bluetooth?

Default Handsfree Voice Access to Phone's Voice Commands via Bluetooth?

Hi All,

It has been previously stated that there was a voice command to essentially pass through to a bluetooth-connected phone's built-in voice commands such as Siri in an iPhone 4S. This was something like "Bluetooth - Voice". I've completely RTFM'd the manuals that came with my '13 Volt (MyLink/Nav) and don't see anything about the ability to do this. Furthermore, the previously mentioned verbal string doesn't seem to work in the '13 model, unless I'm issuing the wrong command.

Has anyone with a '13 Volt been able to connect to their phone's voice commands via the car's handsfree system? While it would be a little faster to just invoke the phone's voice command feature by pressing its buttons (holding the iPhone's Home button, for example), it's far less distracting to tap the "voice" button on the steering wheel, issue a verbal command, and then be connected directly to the phone's commands.

Not crucial, but would be nice.

BTW, speaking of Bluetooth (pun intended) my prior car ('12 VW Eos) merely acted as sink for BT audio and that was all - just played the audio and said "Bluetooth Audio" on the display. It's way cool in the Volt to not only get full track info and the ability to skip tracks via the dash and steering wheel, but to also see album art (via the built-in Gracenote). Now playing BT audio in the car is almost equivalent to playing USB audio - just no direct song/playlist selection via the dash, but I'm OK with that.

TIA.
    "Faraday2" | 2017 Citron Green Metallic with Jet Black Leather. MyLink with Navigation & Bose, Driver Confidence Packages 1 & 2, Premium Trim, Delivered on 04/23/2016!

The command on the '11 are Handsfree > Bluetooth > Voice. Wait for the system to acknowledge one command before moving to the next.
    B2486 - Picked up 2/2012

Thanks - I'll try that when I get on my commute home.
    "Faraday2" | 2017 Citron Green Metallic with Jet Black Leather. MyLink with Navigation & Bose, Driver Confidence Packages 1 & 2, Premium Trim, Delivered on 04/23/2016!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dwvoss View Post
    The command on the '11 are Handsfree > Bluetooth > Voice. Wait for the system to acknowledge one command before moving to the next.
    I think my '12 uses: Push off-hook button, wait for beep, say "Bluetooth", wait for beep, say "Voice" and then it connects to my device (in this case, iPhone 4 with Voice Control). I think Siri and other voice control phones would work the same way. I can also hold the home button on my phone and then Voice Control comes over the car speaker.

The so-called "Siri button" that Apple talked about is a direct access to this feature, which would be great.

No luck in the '13. Say "Bluetooth" and car says "please say a phone command." Say "voice" and car says "pardon?"

Bummer.

GM is one of the partners in the new Apple Siri Eyes Free function coming in iOS 6. Hopefully there will be a myLink update around Sept. 21 when the iPhone 5 and the new iOS is rumored to launch.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text