GM Volt Forum banner

OnStar System Upgrade?

8K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  fishhawk 
#1 ·
Yesterday between around 6-7PM EST RemoteLink apps were unable to connect and we're getting a message that the app was unable to authenticate with the server.

Since it came back, I have notice that refreshing charging status is much faster. It used to take around 1.5 minutes. Now it is right around 35 seconds. I've refreshed about 5 times and have had nearly identical results.

I am still using version 1.9. Anyone else notice this as well?

#2 ·
I just refreshed my data on my iPAD and can confirm it is faster, hopefully OnStar will fix their issue with VoltStats now.

#3 ·
I just tried it on my LG G2 running RemoteLink 2.0.0-R2042, and it took 4 minutes.

#6 ·
Remote started and it seemed a little faster. One test doesn't mean anything though. Let's see it works for a month (heck even a week) without errors.

#8 ·
You expect way too much of them :)

#9 ·
The refresh has always taken about 30-45 seconds for me with windows phone 8.1. I have been very happy with remote link app. Remote starts, remote lock/unlock updates have all worked well for me.

My windows phone also works much better with the My Link system than iphone does. I don't want to imply that my superior windows phone technology is better than the big boys (apple and google). I am just pointing out that it works great with the Volt (and my Equinox too).

#10 ·
... imply that my superior windows phone technology is better
Might need to look up the meaning of 'imply'. :)

If it doesn't work with iPhone, it doesn't work period.

#12 · (Edited)
In the past, once you do one inquiry with the car, the car seems to "wake up" and respond to subsequent inquiries a bit quicker. So if your 5 refreshes were done within a few minutes of each other, it is probably not representative. Most times, I think the long pole in the tent is the Volt. It doesn't poll the cell towers as often to see if it has a request to service, to save the 12V battery. This is also why it stops responding entirely after 2 days of being parked without running.

That being said, I did just try and it took about 30 seconds. Not too bad. It may still be coincidence though. ;)

#13 ·
In the past, once you do one inquiry with the car, the car seems to "wake up" and respond to subsequent inquiries a bit quicker. So if your 5 refreshes were done within a few minutes of each other, it is probably not representative.
No I did them several hours apart. It seems a little slower this afternoon, getting close to 1 minute but still faster than it was before whatever they did yesterday evening.

#15 ·
Just did it a few mins ago, 25s!
MASSIVE improvement. Glad to see they could actually improve that, and it wasn't just a hardware/cell limitation after all.

#16 ·
Tried again, this time on my LG G2 using wifi. Took more than 3 minutes. Tried with my iPad, same result. But hey, at least both attempts worked!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.