Okay, so I've ordered my Volt, and I'm excited to get it, but I'm a little overwhelmed by all of the choices for charging. I think it'd be beneficial to go Level 2, so I'm looking for input.
I found this excellent, informative post: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....036#post110036 I didn't want to necro-post, so I thought it best to start a new thread.
Based on Joule Thief's excellent post, here's what I'm looking for:
1) Budget: The $490 plus install sounds nice, but I'd happily pay more to fulfill other requirements.
2) Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor would be nice to have, but I plan on pulling into the garage... but then again, sometimes being out in the drive would be more convenient.
3) Portability: Don't need it, just another nice to have. I'm thinking I'll keep the Level 1 for portable (which I'll probably never use as I don't have a ton of places to plugin aside from home).
4) Future Proofing: This is probably my primary concern. I'm "only" leasing my Volt, but I'm committed to PHEV and maybe (once they have more range) pure electric. Obviously it's gotta work with the Volt, but I want it to work with the next car as well. I'd give on every other category to get this.
5) Warranty: Not terribly concerned about the warranty and plan to have it professionally installed.
6) Incentive Programs: None.
I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.