GM Volt Forum banner

Another 2 Volt Family

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ctsolar 
#1 ·
The lease was ending on my 2012 Volt and US Bank made me an good buyout offer. $14,500 and forgiving the last two $500 payments. I was 3500 under on miles with two months to go (60k lease). I leased a 2015 as a new company car. The 2012 will replace my wife's 2004 Corolla. I have two Volt shelves and screens on the way.

The 2012 has been a great car. The only major problem was the MGB bearing. A couple days in the shop - no big deal. Coming from 13 years of driving VW TDIs the Volt was a big step up. I test drove a 2015 Fusion Energi. No comparison. The car offered a lot of neat options (sunroof and lane departure) but the drivetrain was a poor substitute for the Volt.

#3 ·
From one two-Volt family to another, congratulations! And a special congratulations on getting a good deal.

#5 ·
That's the first time I've seen a leasing company be reasonable (Not the $500 in monthly payments, but the $14,500 buyout).

#6 ·
US Bank didn't make the best offer up front. In late November they wanted 17500 and forgiving the last three payments. Based on trade in and used prices I made a guess as to what they would get at auction. My dealer mentioned picking up lower mileage Volts for 15-16k. Mine had 56k. When they made the last offer it was a no brainer to buy it. They financed it at 3.1%. My new lease is with ALLY. If they don't negotiate at the end of the lease I will turn it in and pick up a used gen 1 or 2. PS. The WiFi hot spot in the 2015 is slick. They include 3GB data or 3 months as a trial with the purchase. Since snowmagendon is expected later today I am back to driving the 2012 since it has snow tires.

#7 ·
What was your original residual price?

I almost become a 2 Volt family as well, but I needed a car with more cargo space and 5 seats and ended up leasing a C-Max Energi.
Volt 2.0 does have that 5th seat*, but the cargo area is still tight...not sure if it will make sense replacing my C-Max with a '16 Volt. Need to be able to haul 4 people + a load of camping gear, which Volt 2.0 really can't do without cargo add-ons.

#9 ·
Wow, so they caved 1/3 of the original buyout. That is pretty unheard of.

#11 ·
We will use a level 1 and 2 at home. I leave the other level 1 at work. My wife only drives a couple miles most days and can easily go a week on a charge. My commute is 38 miles RT. In cold weather I am charging at both ends. L2 at home and L1 at work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.