GM Volt Forum banner

Ewanick Out

Tags
marketing
5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  WopOnTour 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Well, it can be the sign that a newer marketing strategy is required, and as this comes from
a vision and from creativity, it might get better.
The Volt is a great car - a great product. It's alone in it's class.
Could it sell better? yes.
How? send more where the demand is. There are overstocks in some states, and understock in others. Match distribution better.
Get out more information on how the Volt is secure, Fast, energy efficient, cost efficient, low maintenance, clean emissions,
best owner's loved car, cuts dependancy on petroleum, can even run from solar grid tied systems!

Should we market the Volt as we market the Cruze or the Cadillac CTS? hmmm, IMHO no, because the car is so different.
Make this difference shine! this is what differentiates the Volt from all other cars.
The other cars are not bad, it's just that the Volt is so great!

I wish the best for Mr Ewanick, and I wish a new approach on the Volt Marketing.

Francois
B2653

#7 ·
Totally agree with Frankydude.

The Volt needs to be tuned and marketed more like a sports car - or sportier. Also, the new commercials while improved need to be better and can easily be better.

All the best Mr. E, hope you got a decent severance.

#9 · (Edited)
I think he was also responsible on pulling GM's ads from Facebook. Rather, I think he should have slowly reduce the dollars, and not take the jesture like a drama queen. And, when someone asked him, he took the opportunity to almost publically humilate FB. With the highly publicized FB IPO, it is probably another dimple on his "vision".

I personally do not understand FB, but it is probably on top of the MBA study topics for marketing. I do not know any company that will alienate a potential marketting tool for their products.

Now, with tons of billionaires that have "maturing stock options" in the next few months that probably could afford 50 Volts each (or other GM cars), there are probably many or all that would considering purchasing a GM vehicle as a career limiting move. With the personality of FB employee's that currently drive hybrids, commute on bicycle, etc, there is probably many lost Volt sales. (there was a cnn/money fun guessing article on what kind of cars that will be parking at FB's campus--Volt would have been on top of their list if it wasn't for the public comments and GM's obvious withdrawl of support.)

That added to the anti-GM image on a large "social media" on FB does not help market anything with FB employees or FB users.

As much as I do not appreciate something that is a bunch of waste of time in FB. For marketting folks, you want people to think about your brand no matter if that is productive or unproductive time of your audience. FB seems to be like a legal crack-dealer that you want in your marketting pocket.

-KyleH

#11 · (Edited)
NEWSFLASH!
Fiskar has snapped up Joel Ewanick.
Ewanick assumes role of Chief of Global Sales and Marketing, taking over from Richard Beattie who retired effective today.
(Ewanick had apparently been working with Fiskar on a contractual marketing project over the past 6-weeks)

As most everyone knows recently ousted Ewanick (see story above) now joins another ex-GM/Volt executive Tony Posawatz who accepted the role of CEO back in June.

The plot thickens?

WOT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.