GM Volt Forum banner

How many Volts (and possibly other EVs) on the road?

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bonaire 
#1 ·
Anyone know a good source to show how many Volts, and possibly other EV's are on the road?

I guess we could start with Volt production numbers. Are they tablulated somewhere here?

#2 ·
Assuming there are no null VINs, GM has built something in excess of 35,000 Volts/Ampera at this point - almost 5k 2011s, around 29k 2012s, and the 2013s they are building now.

In the sales estimates threads there's usually a slide with running totals for Volt and Leaf posted after the monthly number comes out.

#7 · (Edited)
Nero, do you know when production started back up at Hamtramck? I remember that one or two D's got shipped on the 6th, but I think those were the ones that were built in June. Anyway the reason I ask is because they seem to have built 3079 Volts awfully fast. I think there were just over 100 D's built before the shutdown, and I thought that production started again on July 9th. If your Volt was assigned VIN 3079 on the 24th, GM built around 2900 Volts in 11 work days, which is a bit of an increase in their rate of production. 1310 Volt/Amperas a week isn't a huge increase over the 1050 they were being produced at, but it is a step in the right direction.
If they are building at a rate of 1310 a week, the 20 weeks from now to the Christmas line shutdown would see over 26,000 Volts/Amperas built. Add that to the 4,000 13's already produced and the production of the 2012 MY prior to the June shutdown and the production number for Volts in 2012 is looking to be a good bit higher than it was in 2011.

#8 ·
If they are in "burst mode" doing 3000+ Volts in July - then maybe GE is planning on their first wave of purchases? They wrote an intention order of 10,000 Volts maybe a year or more ago. I think, however, they said something like "we will be buying 10K Electric vehicles" so maybe it is a mix of vendors' stuff. Since they hold 5MM shares of AONE they might be ordering some Spark EVs as well or Fisker Karmas for their executives (which contain A123 cells).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.