Consumer Reports on the 2016 Volt....
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Consumer Reports on the 2016 Volt....

Default Consumer Reports on the 2016 Volt....

Forum members should add some comments....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos...ghs/ar-AA87Cnp
    Gen 2 - 2016 Volt Premium 17K miles
    Gen 1 - 2012 Volt 73K miles

My Chevy Volt Videos: Hidden Content | Hidden Content |
    ................................Hidden Content | Hidden Content |

That was basically Lutz's characterization of the Volt. A car you could jump into on short notice and drive to visit grandma in the hospital 3 hours away. You know, a regular car that happened to be the most advanced and efficient in the planet. His dream continues...
    John Fields
    2013 Volt #Hidden Content
    FunFact: Discovered "Licensed to Ill" in my CD slot, driving away from the dealer.

Consumer Reports have been biased against the Volt, and even this new report is slightly slanted against the Volt. They only changed their tone when the Volt customers were extremely satisfied. I don't believe the crap that Consumer Reports have been publishing after they were so biased against the Volt. They tried so hard to drive it in such a way that it will achieve the lowest mpg and the lowest EV range. As for me, with my 2012 Chevy Volt, I regularly hit over 50 EV miles on a charge. The next Generation Volt that I am going to get, I am sure I will regularly drive it over 70 EV miles on a charge and could continue 500 miles on gas. GM has always over delivered on their specs. The Consumer Reports tried its best to underperform so poorly that it is not normal to drive the Chevy Volt like what they are doing in their tests. So I have stopped my subscription from Consumer Reports and I hope everybody does the same.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rhodomel View Post
    So I have stopped my subscription from Consumer Reports and I hope everybody does the same.
    My issues with CR have little to do with a particular car. Now that Jim Guest is gone I'll wait for my sub to run out and then decide. There are a lot of changes lately, but I'm not sure if they're good changes or just dumbing down the zine.

Come on guys, an article written by Efarts is not even funny to talk about. Really ? EFarts ?!? The name says it all.
    My Volt Hidden Content
    2014 White Diamond, S1, Bose, Nav, Premium Pkg

I don't really see what the problem is about the article. I find it pretty accurate and on point with the exception of the electric range comment.
    There really isn't anything ground breaking. The biggest thing would be the new electric motors, but still nothing to breath taking.
    Love My Volt!

Blue Topaz, Black/Ceramic White Leather, Nav 2012
    New Hampshire

My first indication that CR was biased when they classified the Chevy Vega as the worst car GM has ever produced, yet at that time I had my 1975 Chevy Vega Kammback Wagon, my first GM vehicle. It gave me excellent service and only failed twice (the torque converter and the electric fuel pump) in eleven years. I saw how CR defended the Japanese cars, and here they were sold cheaper than the domestics but servicing was very expensive ($250 for a Corolla starter in 1979?). Later CR continued to give bad reviews for most American made cars, but my personal experience was opposite of their reviews.

I never subscribe to CR, but I browse their magazines in stores and I do believe what they publish about appliances, as my experiences did match their reviews. I wish they would now accept the new GM designs and give them better reviews and scores.
    Raymond
    No Volt or Bolt EV yet!

2009 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT
    Level 2 JuiceBox EVSE installed at 7.2 kW
    Registered EVSE at PlugShare
    Waiting for the first EV to charge!

Quote Originally Posted by emartin00 View Post
    I don't really see what the problem is about the article. I find it pretty accurate and on point with the exception of the electric range comment.
    There really isn't anything ground breaking. The biggest thing would be the new electric motors, but still nothing to breath taking.
    As a long time subscriber to Consumer Reports I find their articles very accurate. If memory serves, when CR first tested the Volt it was tested in the Winter months, and as we all know range suffered. Later, as time went on and it naturally warmed (I believe their testing is done in Maryland) the miles came up. So their first impressions with range, was done in the COLD weather with the heater blasting away. They complained that the heater was a little lacking. This was a 2011 model. GM, addressed this and said the heater was better in the 2012s. I type all this from memory, so I could be off slightly, but not by much. I was very interested in the Volt. Also, remember, at this time a loaded Volt was 46k, plus dealer gouging. And CR buys all their cars as a regular purchase, just like you and I do. So to recap, they paid out the wazoo for a Volt that they tested in the winter. They gave it praise, but noted its short comings as we all have, especially cold weather range.

Quote Originally Posted by emartin00 View Post
    We'll see on the electric range. They didn't state the estimated combined efficiency improvement but we don't know GM's estimated split and we don't know just how much better things will be.

I think that the reduction in weight will make a significant difference. Certainly here, where the terrain is very undulating.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rhodomel View Post
    . So I have stopped my subscription from Consumer Reports and I hope everybody does the same.
    LOL, I keep mine because they are critical. They don't go all fan boy over vehicles. They even nip the Tesla for its faults, they only conveyed customer satisfaction when it is a major point of a vehicles appeal or lack thereof. They do play games with mileage, usually to see if they can really get more, but I find their driving tests to much more realistic than foes and fans alike.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text