VOLTER .. HELP NEEDED [condo assc need the charghing spec and cost]
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VOLTER .. HELP NEEDED [condo assc need the charghing spec and cost]

I have a US version of the Condo document but no way to add a 7 page PDF to this discussion.
    2011 Cyber Gray, Std Wheels, Black Leather/White Console, Bose, Nav, Htd Seats, Park Assist. Picked up May 2011
    B3320
    Best All Electric Miles: 54.2
    Lifetime: 85,558 miles, 125 MPG, Remaining Oil Life 38%
    Typical Commute: 60 miles
    30 day Stats: 966 miles, 108
    MPG, 62% Electric, 38% gas, Saved 33 gal., 31 kW-hr/100 miles
    Hidden Content Free Volt Manual here: Hidden Content

sir ! i always reply to all my thread and say tankyou 1 for the volter help
    Quote Originally Posted by bonaire View Post
    - I would suggest talking to any condo association *before* buying the Volt/Leaf/Tesla/Fisker/i-MiEV...
    - I would also suggest to 007 that he give us feedback on recommendations we give. He seems like a hit-and-runner where he'll post a problem and get a bunch of feedback and not give us feedback on the actions he's taken. Then later, another post, etc. rinse/repeat.

If the condo eventually gives in after proper documentation of energy usage, great. I suspect they may go negative, though, as .12 per kWh over 13.3kWh daily will add up fast over the course of a month (will go beyond $35/month condo fees). I have "that sneeky feeling" that the condo association will not budge and will not allow charging. I hope I'm wrong.

Last thing - and this can help ease the pain of the condo association. Chevy offered that 60-day return policy on recent purchase (and I presume leases). You can return a Chevy for any reason within 60 days of purchase. So, not being able to plug in a Volt at the condo may apply.

tank you for the pdf file it is going to be useful very useful ! tanks! to all volter

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

SIR ! I AM ACTUALY WORKING REALLY HARD TO GET ALL THE INFO ! AND ALSO GATHERING DOCUMENT THAT I WILL USE TO MOVE FOWAR IN MY PROJECT .... [ HAVING INSTALL EV CHARGING STATION AND USE OFF COMMON OUTLET IN CONDO APPT ] I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP ANY \ONE HERE WHEN I GOT MY MISSION ACCOMPLISH !

THE FORCE WILL BE WITH ME !!!!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by frankydude View Post
    I have here exactly what you need, it's on official document titled INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE CONDOMINIUM OWNERS. It's in a .pdf file, well written, and gives all information needed to understand how the charging of the Volt works. It was developed by GM for a similar case, kubismatic, which is a canadian owner in Calgary, Alberta. You can find his post at post 1499 of the Official Canadian Volt Thread, and followup story. Here is the URL to it: http://www.czx.cz/Chevrolet_Volt_Inf...niums_v0.3.pdf I think it will adress any or most concerns fellow condo board members can have.
    Thanks Francois!

Quote Originally Posted by Steverino View Post
    I have a US version of the Condo document but no way to add a 7 page PDF to this discussion.
    Steve, you should be able to attach files to your posts here. While writing a post, click the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom right, then click on the paperclip icon.

Or use an online storage location. Just let us know where it is.

In the meantime, I've linked to here from the FAQ, so that people can at least get the above PDF, even though the Canada references will be distracting.
    2011 Volt #284, ordered 30-Jul-2010, built 30-Nov-2010, shipped 15-Dec-2010, delivery 22-Dec-2010, lease return 22-Dec-2013, Hidden Content
    - Hidden Content
    - Hidden Content
    - do yourself a favor and register at Hidden Content immediately so you can track your Volt's performance

ok. My second house is a condo, and I just went to the manager, and said that I bought a Volt and I'd be charging in the garage. I explained that my garage at home had normal circuits and it never blew them, etc. I said it took about 12.5 kWh to charge, I explained that I'd be using abougt 2 full charges a week at the Condo, or about 1300 kWh per year. I showed my electric bill at 8 Cents / kWh, which would be about $1k, so I just paid $1500 and explained that for the convenience of having them pay the bills I'd pay a little extra, but that I wanted the right to charge any time I wished. They were thrilled. A neighbor recently bought a Volt, but he charges every day there (its his only house) and he asked me what I did, then offered to pay his own electricity if they put his own meter in. They just said he could pay $X, based on the numbers I'd given them, and he accepted. They said it was great to see people at the building driving these things and that they hoped more owners would buy them.

Tact is the largest part of negotiation, often.

I expect that the same strategy would get good results in most cases.
    Whatever you do don't mention the remarkable depreciation of the volt or tease cali people, do anything but those, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Loves Cars View Post
    ok. My second house is a condo, and I just went to the manager, and said that I bought a Volt and I'd be charging in the garage. I explained that my garage at home had normal circuits and it never blew them, etc. I said it took about 12.5 kWh to charge, I explained that I'd be using abougt 2 full charges a week at the Condo, or about 1300 kWh per year. I showed my electric bill at 8 Cents / kWh, which would be about $1k, so I just paid $1500 and explained that for the convenience of having them pay the bills I'd pay a little extra, but that I wanted the right to charge any time I wished. They were thrilled. A neighbor recently bought a Volt, but he charges every day there (its his only house) and he asked me what I did, then offered to pay his own electricity if they put his own meter in. They just said he could pay $X, based on the numbers I'd given them, and he accepted. They said it was great to see people at the building driving these things and that they hoped more owners would buy them.

Tact is the largest part of negotiation, often.

I expect that the same strategy would get good results in most cases.
    Unless my math is wrong, and it could be, but I think you overpaid the condo association by 15x.

1300kWh * 8 cents per kWh is not about $1,000. 1300kWh * EIGHTY CENTS per kWh is about $1000 ($1,040).

You should have paid them $104 for a year's usage of 1300kWh at .08 (8 cents).

Am I missing something?
    2012 Cyber Gray, Navi, Rear Cam, Bose, Premium Trim, Polished Chrome Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by zaxdude View Post
    Unless my math is wrong, and it could be, but I think you overpaid the condo association by 15x.

1300kWh * 8 cents per kWh is not about $1,000. 1300kWh * EIGHTY CENTS per kWh is about $1000 ($1,040).

You should have paid them $104 for a year's usage of 1300kWh at .08 (8 cents).

Am I missing something?
    Yes, sorry, bad posting math. Its late here in kidsville. I overpaid by 50%, intentionally, still far cheaper than having my own meter installed or anything.
    Whatever you do don't mention the remarkable depreciation of the volt or tease cali people, do anything but those, lol

If it help use the lower setting 8 amps-- this will lower the watts from a toaster oven to a coffee pot.
    2012 RED Volt VIN:#C-8860 - Premium Leather Seats Jet Black with Dark Trim, Rear Camera & Park Assist, Nav
    09/29/2011 Ordered -- 11/15/2011 took it home

12. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Loves Cars View Post
    Yes, sorry, bad posting math. Its late here in kidsville. I overpaid by 50%, intentionally, still far cheaper than having my own meter installed or anything.
    I believe this is the correct math:

12.5kWh times 2 charges a week, times 52 weeks a year is 1,300kWh.

1,300kWh times $.08/kWh is $104. 50% over $104 would be about $150.
    B-2689
    Personal Best Charge: 57.2 miles
    Best Day: 71.3 miles, no gas (49.9 on full charge, 21.4 on ~4 hours @120V)
    Over 4 billion pieces of data collected on the Volt OBD2 port

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text