Ford C-Max Energi will have 20-mile electric range, get 95 MPGe, for $25,995
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ford C-Max Energi will have 20-mile electric range, get 95 MPGe, for $25,995

Default Ford C-Max Energi 20-mile range, 95 MPGe, $29,995 after rebate

I'm impressed with the price! Edit-I just found out the article has the hybrid price, not the Energi price. Hopefully it will still be cheaper than the PIP.

Similar shape/size to a Prius V, twice the PIP range. "maximum electric-only speed projected to top that of Prius plug-in." 6.6kW charging.

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/07/20...e-get-95-mpge/

Attached Images
    Last edited by MTN Ranger; 07-24-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Ford also says that the Energi has a "maximum electric-only speed projected to top that of Prius plug-in."

In other words, don't step on the accelerator too hard or you'll continue to remind yourself you could be driving an ALL electric drive Volt. 'Better than a Plug-in Prius' is like saying 'We offer a better shopping experience than Big Lots', if driving an EV is what you came looking for.
    2012 Volt (Red) 'SUN FUEL'/2012 Volt (White) 'OVR OIL'/2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Driving Without Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by flmark View Post
    Ford also says that the Energi has a "maximum electric-only speed projected to top that of Prius plug-in."

In other words, don't step on the accelerator too hard or you'll continue to remind yourself you could be driving an ALL electric drive Volt. 'Better than a Plug-in Prius' is like saying 'We offer a better shopping experience than Big Lots', if driving an EV is what you came looking for.
    Yup, I think folks will hate to drive it because they'll be engaging the gas engine a lot.

It's cheap(er) than the PiP - which is highway robbery for what you get (the battery and electric motor and on-board generator are huge expenses and the PiP is really close to the Volt's price without it's features). The C-ME is less of a robbery but if you doubled the range to the Volts you'd add 10K to the price and then you're still getting a car that starts burning gas if you drive to fast or accelerate to hard.

Meh.
    Ford Fusion Energi
    Cyber Gray Metallic VOLT - for sale
    Gasoline is for suckers

Dan & Nan - Lowering gas prices since March of 2012

Advertisement

Thanks for the post. Our '05 Prius is getting a bit long in the tooth, so next year we will have quite a decision to make ==> 2nd Volt or Pruis V or Ford C-Max. AFAIK the Prius V is not available as a PIP, so the decision may come down to a 2nd Volt or the C-Max. (Of course what I really want is a Performance Tesla, but I also want to retire in this century ) ... B-)

It seems ok and is indeed America's answer to the PiP. Good price and maybe will convert some people up from buying a Focus or Prius to an American-made C-Max Energi. Definitely not as "stout" as a Volt in terms of numbers for the AER - but not too bad for someone thinking Prius.
    VIN: B-2672 Crystal Red - Light Neutral Leather (2-years old July 5, 2014 - 40,000 miles) Current VoltStats
    USA-made 8.16KW Solar PV - SolarWorld + PowerOne Aurora ** Installation Blog
    Thank you to Stingray Chevrolet for a great purchasing experience. Current Volts

Well, all said and done, I like what I saw in the video. I am considering a Prius V for my wife. May want to wait for the C-Max. When will it be available for sale across the U.S.?

The price got my attention that's for sure. I was thinking Ford had a big winner. If it's the same price as a PIP then it's just another parallel hybrid. Meh.

too bad it's but ugly!!! I guess Ford designs cars for people that already like fords. I can't stand the look!! But that is opinion for sure.
    just my two cents!!
    Aloha! Codyozz
    2013 Black Volt, pkg 1 & 2, Polished rims
    89 Chevy Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by MTN Ranger View Post
    Edit-I just found out the article has the hybrid price, not the Energi price.
    Perhaps use the Advanced option in Edit to remove the misleading price? I mean, if it's not $25k, then removing it from the headline might be a good idea.
    Cyber Gray, Std Wheels, Black Leather/White Console, Park Assist. Picked up May 2011
    B3320
    Best All Electric Miles: 54.2
    Lifetime: 48,565 miles, 151 MPG, Remaining Oil Life 69%
    Typical Commute: 60 miles
    30 day Stats: 995 miles, 250
    MPG, 96% Electric, 4% gas, Saved 42 gal., 24 kW-hr/100 miles
    VOLT TIPS & SECRETS Free Volt Manual here: Owners Manual (PDF)

Advertisement

Wife is trading in her Honda Pilot for this. Should fit nicely in the garage parked next to my Volt.
    2012 Viridian Joule w/ Light Neutral

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast