GM Volt Forum banner

RTFM - Here are your online manuals

68K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  ketay47 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Can't you just do that for me? :)

I mean, I'm pretty busy. And while you are at it, could you read it for me, I have other things to do. And when I have a question, could you just find the answer for me? I don't want to have to, you know, help myself.

Hey, that reminds me, what the blue button do? lol

#4 ·
put the files -after downloading - into somethinbg like Ibooks - and keep on the smartphone.

Then turn on text to speech :)

#7 ·
Nice to keep as a reference, but it doesn't have the 2009 Chevy Equinox manual. For now I keep using the "antique" paper manual that came with it, and read a 2008 PDF that I found elsewhere and now I find here. For my Buick I have the "antique" paper manual, too.

#12 ·
I put the 2014 manuals in my Dropbox account. Now have them accessible from all my mobile devices and the web. The great thing about electronic books and manuals, is that the text can be magnified or you can zoom in and see the pages easily if your vision isn't the greatest.

#18 ·
Hi all, I am having trouble finding an online source for the warranty information for the 2013 Volt. My warranty booklets are in my glove box, which is in the dealer service department, and I think I will need to review the information before getting the car back so I can argue my case for warranty coverage. Warranty info is not in the online owner's manual. I found some warranty info on the Chevy website, but none older then 2015.

I am having the electric heat fixed and I am hoping it is covered under the Voltec warranty or possibly the emission warranty. My service writer seems to be hinting that it won't be covered. If not covered, that is fine, but I want that to be per the warranty, not per the service writer, who clearly is not familiar with Voltec.

So if anyone can link me to or post the 2013 warranty, it would be greatly appreciated.

#19 ·
but none older then 2015.
I doubt the in-cabin heater is considered part of the Voltec system. What does the 2015 warranty say?

#20 · (Edited)
It is not super clear but among other things, the 2015 warranty says:

What Is Covered

This Voltec warranty covers repairs

to correct any Voltec component

defect related to materials or

workmanship...

Then lists a bunch of things specifically covered and some things not covered, neither of which mention the electric heater.

I got a reflash of my heater control module done under warranty last winter (not the B to B warranty which was expired). And I think I have read of other owners getting this covered.

The tech is now saying that they are going to do a relearn procedure for the 2-way coolant control valve (that is part of the electric cabin heat circuit) and also a relearn for the module that controls which vents are selected. So two software issues. He said he checked the parts that they control for warranty coverage and they came back no. $337.50.

#22 ·
I would think that if it is a know software problem there should be no charge. That is what I would argue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.