GM Volt Forum banner

ChargePoint - How much would you pay for their services?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fulgerite 
#1 ·
Looking at the fine print on the SPX/Chargepoint deal:
The ChargePoint Network Standard Service is being provided to You, free of charge, until December 31, 2013. From and after such date, the ChargePoint Network Standard Service shall be made available to you at CTI's then standard subscription rates and terms.
For a charger installed at your home, what would you be willing to pay for their services?

What services do you get, other than some stats on your usage? (If someone can post some screen captures of the website, that would be appreciated!) I see some info on their website, but no prices, and the services are mainly oriented towards fleet owners or people who want to provide charging locations at their business.

I wasn't able to find any hints at what sort of subscription model they might be looking at starting in Dec 2013 and moving forward. Are there any other charging networks that charge a monthly/annual fee for access or special features?

#2 · (Edited)
Looking at the fine print on the SPX/Chargepoint deal:

For a charger installed at your home, what would you be willing to pay for their services?

What services do you get, other than some stats on your usage? (If someone can post some screen captures of the website, that would be appreciated!) I see some info on their website, but no prices, and the services are mainly oriented towards fleet owners or people who want to provide charging locations at their business.

I wasn't able to find any hints at what sort of subscription model they might be looking at starting in Dec 2013 and moving forward. Are there any other charging networks that charge a monthly/annual fee for access or special features?
The ChargePoint web site lets you track your electrical usage. (Which is kind of nice to compare with your electric bill.) The ChargePoint web site also lets you locate public ChargePoint chargers. That's about it. I end up checking the usage graph when I get my electric bill. Otherwise it's not really very helpful for a home user. There are other 99 cent iPhone & Android apps that let you locate chargers on ALL networks. (Not just ChargePoint)

After the free period ends... You can just ignore it. Your Charger will still operate without the network connection. All you would loose is the ability to log into the ChargePoint web page and view your usage. (I suppose you can always use the FREE VoltStats web site to track your usage as well.)

Without the ChargePoint connection your Columb CT500 will continue to operate like any other L2 charger like Voltec, SPX, GE Watt-station, Leviton...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.