Eastern PA/NJ Volt Owners & Volt Supporters Meet-Up Sunday July 1?
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eastern PA/NJ Volt Owners & Volt Supporters Meet-Up Sunday July 1?

Default Eastern PA/NJ Volt Owners & Volt Supporters Meet-Up Sunday July 1?

I am proposing- in two weeks- a Eastern PA & Jersey Volt Owners/ Volt Supporters Meet-Up On Sunday July 1 for anyone interested.

I am thinking that Peddler's Village in Lahaska PA (about 5 miles west of the Delaware River at New Hope PA/Lambertville NJ) would be a good spot as they have a pretty good sized parking lot off to the East of the village (entrance on Street Rd- just off US 202).

It's within one-way battery range for a good part of Eastern PA & Jersey. Lots of nice back roads to cruise on (I especially recommend River Road, a.k.a. Rt 32 on the PA side of the River or Rt. 29 on the NJ side and just about anywhere around the countryside in this part of Bucks County).

Those with significant others riding shotgun who may be not so interested in cars can send them shopping (the Village has many quaint, but efficient cash-extraction booths- er, I mean "shoppes").

Maybe is there is some interest, we can grab lunch and/or a beer at the Buttonwood Grill right on the corner of 202 and Street Rd.

I would really like to meet some of the folks from this forum, learn some things and maybe have a laugh or two.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me, reply here with questions/suggestions or just tell me that I am crazy.

Mark
    2012 Chevy Volt #4471
    Cyber Gray Metallic
    Back-Up Camera/Proximity Sensors
    Driver has big smile on face most of the time

I could be convinced! :-)

55 miles per Google. A bit of a hike, but I might be talked into it.

This is a trick to move up in ranking on Voltstats, isn't it? :-P
    (Not that I'm a factor there - too many roadtrips mean a whopping 80 miles per gallon lifetime and slowly rising.)
    Walter
    C4884 - White Diamond, purchased 10/15/11

Volt FAQ

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by saghost View Post

This is a trick to move up in ranking on Voltstats, isn't it? :-P )

What am Voltstats?
    2012 Chevy Volt #4471
    Cyber Gray Metallic

I'd be interested as a "Volt Supporter" and would buy a round of coffee or beer for the group. I need to be up near Horsham sometime later on Sunday.

And it's voltstats.net. The site is pretty self-explanetory and interesting just to read or participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by marksvolt View Post
    I am proposing- in two weeks- a Eastern PA & Jersey Volt Owners/ Volt Supporters Meet-Up On Sunday July 1 for anyone interested.
    I would be interested, but more interested in something closer to Philly. I should be close to 300 mpg lifetime by July, and I would have to use about a gallon of gas round-trip for Peddler's Village, setting me back from my 300 mpg goal. (A gallon of gas to go 80 miles? The horror!).

I can't think of anything as charming as New Hope/Peddler's Village nearer to Philly, so count me in!

And yes, Mark, you must check out Voltstats.net. I didn't sign up for over a year because I figured that I would have to be entering my data manually (I obviously didn't read the details). But Voltstats.net pulls data directly from On-Star after you sign up - you don't have to enter anything after signing up. They even give you your own page with 'trophies': Here's mine: http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/1131 I check it daily now!
    Jim in South Jersey
    2011 Black Volt #1357 (Returned in Feb 2014)
    2014 Black Volt , Leased Feb 2014 , Voltstats Link

Voltstats= very cool! Thanks for the pointers. I signed-up but I guess I have to wait for awhile to show-up.

That's fine, since I am a newbie anyway, and I am humbled by some of the numbers posted there.

Anyway, great fun, thanks!

Mark

Volt Quote of the day: (only of interest because it is from FoxNews.com):

It may be hard to imagine, but the Chevrolet Volt range-extended electric car is about to enter its third model year.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...#ixzz1xy1Z6Roa
    2012 Chevy Volt #4471
    Cyber Gray Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by marksvolt View Post
    What am Voltstats?
    Voltstats.net is an automated trip tracking site generated by one of our members. Using Onstar protocols (it looks to the car like an iPhone,) it automatically pulls trip data (gas miles, EV miles, fuel used) from the car a couple times a day, and adds them to its database. This makes it easy to see how you're doing and any trends in your behavior, and also allows us to see how the fleet is doing.

With over 1100 cars participating and more than 8 million miles tracked (almost 10% of the Volt fleet miles according to GM!) it has become the most effective tool against the naysayers who believed Fox's 30 miles/30 mpg rants. (as you'll see if you go there, right now we're averaging over 70% EV for all of those Volts, and when we do resort to gas, the 36.6 mpg fleet average (still slowly rising from the large number of winter miles in the system being offset by spring/summer miles) is 10% higher than fuelly shows for "40 mpg compacts" like the Cruze - actually the only car with consistantly higher efficiency is the Prius...)

There are some people who take pride in their ranking on the leader board for mpg, %EV, or something else - and on the page of an individual car it has "awards" for miles driven without gas, electric miles in a day, and miles per tank with point values that some people worry about.

I was just trying to make a joke by suggesting that you were hoping that the gathering would attract some of us from beyond EV range and thereby move us down a little on the leaderboard.
    Walter
    C4884 - White Diamond, purchased 10/15/11

Volt FAQ

Well thanks for that- I thought you were kidding- no harm/ no foul at my end.

I am not especially competitive anymore- too old (58). But I love techie stuff and the Voltstats site is very interesting to me. So I am juiced to join and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

As I mentioned, I hope some of us that post here (or at Voltstats for that matter) can meet-up and talk in person- I learn a lot every time someone here writes something it seems.

Mark
    2012 Chevy Volt #4471
    Cyber Gray Metallic

Advertisement

Default Beers & 220

Well it looks like I underestimated how many people might be interested in a Meet-Up, as well as how many Volt Owners/Supporters are in the Eastern PA/NJ area. Once I saw the VoltStats Map, I had a much better idea about how spread-out the owners/supporters are in the neck of the woods.

There would only be five of us total if everyone who expressed some interest comes.

I am still up for it- I think it would be fun.

Just in case, here is an alternative:

I live about 15 minutes from Peddler’s Village in Plumstead Twp. PA (6 miles N of Doylestown)- so close to the same area. I just got my 220 Volt charger installed. I would happily supply some beer/water/asst stuff to drink, something to eat and free 220 for an hour or so to anyone who shows up (or a longer charge if only a couple of people are interested).

Yes/No/Maybe?

Beers & 220- why not?
    2012 Chevy Volt #4471
    Cyber Gray Metallic

+ Reply to Thread