GM Volt Forum banner

First time ever that I saw Volt in traffic (excluding my own)

20K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  KUD 
#1 ·
Yup Finally.

Took 21 months to catch a glimpse of another Volt on finnish roads. It was blue, so it must be Bert :) wha'd ya doing in Otaniemi?

#7 ·
Hello Finland! Home of the world's greatest rally drivers and so many F1 stars.
It's great to hear from people around the world. Many thanks for participating. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Noel.

Thing to remember here is that the sighting was specific to Volt, it's sibling Ampera not included. There is enough Amperas in southern Finland to spot almost daily, there's even one in my neighbourhood. But there are only 6 Volts in Finland and GM has already stopped delivery of new vehicles so that's what it's going to be.

Blue - Forum member
Black - GM demo
White - forum member & some guy in Lappeenranta
Red - me & some guy in Helsinki

Rare thing that is :)

#8 ·
Interesting thread, I was just thinking about this subject yesterday driving home from work. I was thinking that when I first got my Volt in March of this year, it was very infrequent that I seen another one on the road or in a parking lot.

Now I am seeing several per day, counted 5 on my way home yesterday (not counting mine). I am in the Detroit area but even seeing a volt early this year was very rare. I was at the grocery story last week and there was this, mine is the red one :)

Both came from Matick Chevrolet, which I highly recommend as my buying experience was excellent.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet volt Parking

#12 ·
At least 5 Volt owners including one home with 2 are within 3 miles of my house and it is rare for me to drive more than 10 miles without seeing one in this part of Austin. Ditto for the Leaf and model S. Keep Austin weird and filled with Volts!

#13 ·
I am happy to say that I am starting to see a lot more Volts here. I still see more Tesla's than Volts here, though. I think the issue is our local Chevy dealers. Both are piss-poor and just don't know how to sell them. I know that the few times I've had our 2 Volts in for service, they NEVER charge the battery before delivery. This really speaks volumes to me about their knowledge of plug-ins.

If we had a local dealer as good as Rydel or others, we'd see many more because, as we all know, this is one of the finest automobiles made today!

#16 ·
Hi,
I bought a second hand Ampera, Norway.
With the new European release of the Ampera-e seems to be some Ampera's from first generation being again in the Market.
I'm very happy with the car, specially by its quick response to the throttle.
Yesterday in a run to a charging station just by chance, my Ampera meet one of it's Volt cousins. Probably imported from US.
It's a shame that Opel stop to produce the Ampera with the range extender here in Europe.
With the new Ampera-e the price is still a bit high above 45K US$

#17 ·
Hi, there are not many in Sweden either, not even ampera. I've checked when i bought mine, there were like 3 second-hand for sell and one that i've checked was imported from USA.

rare thing it is, yet difficult to find parts to replace in Sweden. How's it in Finland, is it easier to use ampera's parts instead?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.