GM Volt Forum banner

How Many Volt Owners Own a Corvette?

13K views 41 replies 41 participants last post by  scottcane 
#1 ·
Just thought I would ask. I own a 2008 Corvette Convertible and as I am a new Volt owner and poking around on this forum for info I have discovered some Corvette owners. Anyone else own a Vette?

#3 ·
I have a Volt and a Corvette, but...

I have a 1/18 scale silver Volt and a 1/8 scale red Corvette. Does that count?

#5 ·
Got me an almost completly restored 1968, 4sp convertable, 400ci small block,I got disabled before completing the outside and interior ,car runs great.

#6 ·
1968 I bought a used 1967 Corvette for $3200. Today I have a 2010 Mazda Miata with a 2012 Volt. Now here is the problem. Last year I had a Chevy HHR that I parked ALL summer and I drove the Miata. This Summer I have the Volt, so even on nice days, I find myself driving the Volt instead of the Miata

#8 ·
I own a 2001 Z06. It's a project car. I have been working on it for almost two years for a twin turbo install. After i finish all the work it will be interesting to see of I will still find it fun to drive after owning the Volt for over six months now. ICE vehicles simply don't compare anymore.

#11 ·
I have a 2004 Porsche 911 but prefer to drive the Volt. Wanted a Vette but they only have two seats, so got the 911.
You just made me laugh: my petrol head employee here in Israel has a classic 911 993 (last of the proper air cooled ones) and he's sick in the stomach at the thought of me getting an electric Renault Fluence ZE. He can't understand how I, who used to sprint and hillclimb all over the UK, have "sunk" to driving a "golf cart". He refused to come for a ride when I test drove it: I'll just have to force him to try it when it comes.

#12 ·
I traded in my 2007 Z06 for a 2008 Jaguar in April 2011 because I was having issues driving the Z in heavy stop and go traffic. While the Jag was a stunning car to own/operate it was out of warranty and the local Jag dealer went out of business - I was on my own with a $88K British GT.

So one day for fun I dropped by my local Chevy dealer to get on his allocation list for the 2014 C7 vette and noticed they had a white demo Volt. He threw me the fob and said "hey your a car guy, take if for a spin and tell us what you think". The next day my wife and I returned and took it for a 3 hour cruise and returned to the dealer at noon. At 3:30 pm we drove off the lot in a 2012 CR Volt having traded in the Jag.

Oh and I'm number one on his list for a C7 allocation. So if the ELR doesn't warm the cockels of my heart I'll be ordering a C7 vette. I think that is a great family motor pool, the Yin and Yang of GM's best.

#15 ·
Had a '77 back in '84, does that count?

Have had a 928S, BMWs, Audis and lots of random GM machines over the years. I grew up with a ski boat with a 454 Chevy in it. Yes, I've got gasoline in my blood.

I've loved fast cars, and always will, but for me loud gas burners have now become a weekend passion and not part of daily driving.

Yesterday I had a road trip, 2.5 hrs each way. On the way there, I spotted TWO Volts on the road (one near Madison, one in rural WI). On the way back I took one circuit through the Dells on the eve of their huge car show. Wow, some really nice machine to be seen cruisin! The Volt fit right in but slightly out of time; it is a future classic.

#16 ·
I had 2 Corvettes... The first was a 2008 Made 600 HP/ 600 TQ at the wheels... Car was fasssssssttttttt

Second was a 1999 fixed roof coupe Corvette (hardtop) Put a LSX 376 in it, made 400/400 car was setup for handling, put full c6 Z06 suspension on it, and it was a blast! Don't need a ton of power to go around corners ;)

#17 ·
Got a Volt and a 2008 Z06. Love both cars, not sure which one I would give up if I could only have one !

#21 ·
2007 LT4 Coupe in Le Mans Blue :)

#25 ·
oh! I had an 08 Black Vert with magnetic ride, man did I love that car.

I've had 2.5 C6's. That convertible, a Z06, and one last one to keep forever on order, but not here yet.

Vettes are flawed cars, but so is basically every sports car at the high end of the market. I can't think of one that doesn't have at least one crowning sin, except the lp560.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.