GM Volt Forum banner

Ac off due to high engine temperature

20K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Barry 
#1 ·
I got this message a few minutes after the gas generator turned on. Has any body else had this message.
The volt is in the shop. They said there replacing the thermostat heater. I never heard of that. I heard of thermostats but not thermostat heaters. Normally when the car is stopped at a red light or parking, the engine turns off. After I got this message the engine keeps running even when stopped. Also after recharging the battery, it stayed gas mode instead of switching back to electric mode.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Well technically you cannot replace the thermostat heater, separate from the stat and housing. It's all one part.But there should have been DTCs if it got to the point of bringing up the warning message. Did Onstar give you those? P00B7 perhaps?
Hopefully they get you back in your Volt soon.
WOT

#4 ·
The more I learn about the Volt, the more I realize how far cars have advanced in general since my teen tinkering day. It seems that almost every month another mysterious Volt component comes to light.

I found this the other day. Some sort of fuze I think.

Technology Games Electronics Electronic device

#5 ·
The more I learn about the Volt, the more I realize how far cars have advanced in general since my teen tinkering day. It seems that almost every month another mysterious Volt component comes to light.

I found this the other day. Some sort of fuze I think.

View attachment 5718
Yup. That's the time management Fuze. If it ever starts glowing, make sure you have your towel with you, and hope it isn't a Thursday. :)

#6 ·
And DON'T PANIC!

#8 ·
I got this message yesterday, while the outside temp was 37 degrees. Vehicle had not been running at all. Sigh. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. Vehicle is under warranty, so we'll see what comes of it. I'll post an update after we hear more.

#10 ·
I got my baby back, and sure enough, it was the thermostat. I asked about upgrading the flux capacitor, but the tech wasn't sure that it was compatible with the gen 1 volt. ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.