Chevrolet Should Start a Rental Program
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Should Start a Rental Program

Default Chevrolet Should Start a Rental Program

I contacted an area dealer to see if they have a Chevrolet Volt available for rent, and found that they don't. Other car companies do offer dealer-integrated rental divisions, such as Toyota (http://www.toyota.com/rental/). I know the Volt would likely be more expensive to rent per day than some other vehicles, but there is a need. I would jump at the chance to rent one, and I would think others would too.

So Chevrolet, please start up rental divisions at your dealers! This will also help prospective buyers.

Good idea, an excellent way to introduce the possible future buyers to the Volt...once they drive one, they're hooked...I know I was after a 5 miles test drive, and I wasn't planning to buy but you know the rest of the story...love my Volt....
    US Army (Ret)
    2012 loaded Volt Viridian Joule
    2010 Prius
    7KW Grid Interactive Solar w/battery backup
    3.0KW Solar Hot Water

i agree, my local toyota offers the same rental, i rented a prius a few years ago and bought one.

http://www.worldtoyota.com/rental/index.htm

if people could rent a volt, they would buy one too.
    i wanted to rent a volt when i was shopping for cars, but NO ONE in my area offered a rental.
    but i jumped the gun and bought one anyways.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

2013 Volt - White Diamond

Advertisement

Great idea. Until you actually drive an electric vehicle you really can't understand the wild enthusiasm expresses by Volt and other EV owners.

Agreed. My wife and I would really enjoy renting a Volt for at least a day. We're pretty sold on it anyway (just waiting to check out the Fusion Energi) but at a minimum it'd reaffirm our thoughts.

I think you can get one free for a week. I'd assume if you'll let someone have one for a week you'd rent one for a week.

@ Powered7,

This actually is a very good idea and I will make sure that it is passed along!
    If you have any further questions feel free to contact the
    Chevrolet Volt & Spark EV Advisor Team:
    (877) 486-5846
    Chevrolet Volt & Spark EV Advisor Hours:
    Monday - Friday 8AM to 9PM EST.
    Saturday 11AM to 8PM EST.
    Closed on Sunday.

voltsocialmedia@gm.com
    https://twitter.com/ChevyVolt
    http://https://www.facebook.com/chevroletvolt

Currently at my local dealer the rentals ar run by Hertz, and they do not have Volts availble for rental, However I was told that the dealer is concidering doing the rentals and making the Volt available that way. Maybe others are as well.

GM needs to get this car in the hands of prospective buyers. Granted my dealer allowed me to take one of their Volts on a 4 hour test drive where we ran all our errands and even took it home to see how it looked in our garage and show the neighbors. 6 hours later I drove off in our own new 2012 CR Volt. Thanks Jack Schmitt Chevrolet, they understand the Volt sells itself.

GM are you listening?????
    Tom
    USAF Retired
    2013 Cyber Gray Volt (wife's)
    2012 Crystal Red Volt (wife's) SOLD 7/26/14
    Best EV Range 54.x miles (more than once)

Advertisement

I had been looking for the possibility to rent a Volt since it first came-out - long before I was even considering getting one. I simply wanted to experience the technology first hand, given all the mis-information that was spread via Faux News and other right wing sources of information. I could not find a Volt to rent; only a standard Prius.

In the end, I was curious enough that I mustered the courage to visit a Chevrolet dealer and pretend I was a buyer - in hopes they'd let me drive a Volt. They did. Even though I did not get the full experience I was looking for, it sold me on the idea of driving electrically and the Volt as an exciting AND efficient mode of transportation.

The main trouble I see with renting a Volt is that you should get a bit of an introduction into the car first, so you know how to use it to your advantage. Unlike a standard car, it does require a bit of re-thinking before you can reap the benefits. If you just get-in and drive, you may get disappointed when you run out of juice and the engine comes-on. Or you'll be disappointed by the heating, or confused by the engine's disconnect to your throttle inputs...

Either way, had I had the chance to rent a Volt sooner, I would have become a better advocate for the program, and possibly would have gotten a Volt sooner.
    Last edited by IchDochNicht; 12-30-2012 at 02:35 AM.
    2013 Chevrolet Volt, cyber grey, premium trim package, navigation and sound system

Love the look, interior space, ride comfort, handling, acceleration from stand-still, and low operating cost.
    Dislike the optional navigation, center stack's UI and sensor buttons, cargo area set-up, visibility, and some overly cheap interior materials.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast