" Service High Voltage Charging System " Message
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 12 35 LastLast

Thread: " Service High Voltage Charging System " Message

@ chan25,

Awesome! Great to hear! I will be sure to pass your thanks along!
    If you have any further questions feel free to contact the
    Chevrolet Volt & Spark EV Advisor Team:
    (877) 486-5846
    Chevrolet Volt & Spark EV Advisor Hours:
    Monday - Friday 9AM to 9PM EST.
    Closed on Saturday and Sunday.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit Hidden Content

Thanks for the update chan25, glad the problem was promptly solved. May you now enjoy your Volt as it was meant to be!

I have the same error: "Service High Voltage Charging System". We shall see if it is the same coolant leak as chan25 was told or something different. The error appeared after I used the parking brake. I have about 4,700 miles on the car and nothing has been wrong with it so far. I recently had the recall warranty service so I am suspicious that the dealer did not put things back 100% correctly....

Update: this was fixed in a day at the dealer. No major issue. A coolant problem that may have resulted from the coolant line not being fully bled (something about there being a bubble in the line). Unclear whether this could have been caused by the recall service. If so then the techs need to watch out for this....or perhaps just an isolated incident.
    Last edited by ryanmcglothlin; 06-12-2012 at 05:17 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcglothlin View Post
    I have the same error: "Service High Voltage Charging System". We shall see if it is the same coolant leak as chan25 was told or something different. The error appeared after I used the parking brake. I have about 4,700 miles on the car and nothing has been wrong with it so far. I recently had the recall warranty service so I am suspicious that the dealer did not put things back 100% correctly....
    Sorry to hear about this issue you have run into. Have you taken your Volt into the dealer yet? If not, give us a call and we can get a service appointment set up for you.
    (877) 486-5846

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

As scary as that message is, I'm betting it all has to do with insuring the integrity of the cooling system for the battery and the battery itself. There is a member here who had a leaking coolant system, and it took out his battery. Also, the government induced "Thermal Event" had to due with leaky fluid. An inconvenience now, but could save everyone a whole lot of hassle and money down the road.

Experiencing the same "Service high voltage charging system" along with a check engine light at 442 miles. Very disappointed. Three weeks old and dead car. OnStar was not very helpful, spoke with four different "OnStar Advisors" and gave my information to each one. Finally decided to call dealership, was told they may be able to get to it sometime in the next few days........Reminding me of a GM diesel I owned in the 80's. Not a happy Volt owner!

I don't have much faith in the dealership I purchased from in being able to repair the car, they told me they haven't had one in for service and were not sure if they had a trained tech as of yet.

Have not been contacted by a Volt Advisor since purchase, perhaps it is too soon (5/26/12 purchase date).

Received a call from OnStar this past evening asking how my service was progressing, told them it wasn't and was transferred to a supervisor that began the call by asking for all of my information again....... No progress there for sure..

Anybody in the Tulsa Oklahoma area that has a good experience with a dealership service department? Would like to get this vehicle in for diagnosis with someone that has been properly trained.

Dead VOLT in garage day two
    Last edited by Okbeartoy; 06-13-2012 at 09:39 AM.

@ Okbeartoy,

I do want to sincerely apologize for your frustrations. Please send me a PM with your contact information and last 8 of your VIN and I will have one of our advisors get into contact with you and we can assist you in getting everything taken care of.
    (877) 486-5846

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Attempted to send a private message but was unable to send as the Chevrolet Customer SVC mailbox is full.

Filling radiators (which the battery cooling system is) can be a hit & miss affair. Often times, they have an air pocket after the fill, and they don't burp until driven down the road, or they get hot and circulate. I bet a lot of these errors are because after the battery shield install, the coolant is refilled, and they burped. This triggers the coolant level sensor and CEL error.

Many complicated cooling systems (motorcycles) require a vacuum fill technique to avoid air pockets.

12. Advertisement

There is a procedure listed for filling this part of the system on the GM Techlink site. Procedure indicates that a special vacuum cap is used to apply vacuum to system and then refill as needed in a procedure that could last over an hour.
    Last edited by Okbeartoy; 06-13-2012 at 05:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 12 35 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text