Cadillac ELR with $35k Discount
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 11 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac ELR with $35k Discount

Default Cadillac ELR's with $35k Discount!

Yup, listed as "Massive $35k Discount"... Yikes! Looks like they have about half a dozen for sale. Here's one example:

http://www.cadillacnorwood.com/Vehic...-MA/2184439773
    Last edited by ClarksonCote; 08-19-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    Volt Emergency Power Wiring Kit - Provide backup power to essential appliances.
    Leaf Emergency Power Wiring Kit - Provide backup power to essential appliances.
    Commercial Level 1 Charging Station
    Volt/Spark/ELR Charging Reference Magnet

Join thE REVolution
    2011 Volt #186, VIN: B-00186, Cyber Gray Metallic - TRADED! 28k miles, 9k engine, 120MPG
    2013 Volt #43404, Blue Topaz Metallic - Love the blue!

Driving for FREE with Solar PV!

the fine print says that the price includes $10,000 state and federal rebate.. Still an interesting price

Quote Originally Posted by 1612202 View Post
    the fine print says that the price includes $10,000 state and federal rebate.. Still an interesting price
    Ah, nice catch. So actually $25k off, still a fairly steep discount it seems.
    Volt Emergency Power Wiring Kit - Provide backup power to essential appliances.
    Leaf Emergency Power Wiring Kit - Provide backup power to essential appliances.
    Commercial Level 1 Charging Station
    Volt/Spark/ELR Charging Reference Magnet

Join thE REVolution
    2011 Volt #186, VIN: B-00186, Cyber Gray Metallic - TRADED! 28k miles, 9k engine, 120MPG
    2013 Volt #43404, Blue Topaz Metallic - Love the blue!

Driving for FREE with Solar PV!

Advertisement

They're finally getting close to where the MSRP "should" have been when the things were introduced. They might actually sell a few at that price
    2013, Silver Topaz, Bose, Nav, Heated Cloth, Safety 1
    Arguably the best car I've ever had. (sold all others) only have my Volt!

If I was in the market I'd buy one at that price. That's still a $20K premium over the Volt which is more consistent with what we normally see between Chevy and Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarksonCote View Post
    Looks like they have about half a dozen for sale.
    Wow they have 9 at that dealership. 5 black 2 red and 2 silver. I like the red with the beige interior but more coin than I can part with.

7 August 2012 - 2013 Volt - D3079 - Blue Topaz Metallic - Pebble Beige Cloth - Comfort Package and Safety Package 1 came home.
    https://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/1667

25k off (before tax credits)is a pretty good price! Too bad cadillac did not start at this price point. My local dealers, total inventory of 27, won't go below 20k off (on the demo which has an extra 5k on it), but they haven't sold even 1 in the past 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Neromanceres View Post
    Wow they have 9 at that dealership. 5 black 2 red and 2 silver. I like the red with the beige interior but more coin than I can part with.
    ...but it's the perfect blend of art and science!

Who is the executive that signed off on that price. Interesting experiment - I always wanted to know, what would happen if a vehicle had a price far above it's perceived value for the sake of "exclusivity." Since no one in their right mind would take that billion dollar risk! Thanks ELR, results equal = just like it says in the text books.

the bad thing is.. this is a 1 year only car.. if you have ever own a 1 year owned car.. when stuff breaks its nearly impossible to fix within a reasonable price.. i will never do that again.. no matter how cheap they go on it.. my current car is a single year model in which they only had the drivetrain in the USA for a single year.. everytime i need parts.. they dont have them due to this.. because the car 1 year before me and 1 year after me.. dont work in most cases.. its really dumb... when i need something i have to special order it from the dealership and pay extra to have it and then wait while my car is in need of the part.. its just become a stupid nightmare..

Advertisement

My question is, has all available inventory already been distributed to dealers (i.e., did the factory only build the ELRs that were ordered), or are there still yet unshipped ELRs at the factory that dealerships won't touch with a 10-ft pole? And if Cadillac decides to release a 2015 ELR, will there be a single dealership that orders it if the MSRP isn't reduced?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 11 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text