FOX NEWS on the Volt; "itís a cool car and itís smooth as glass.Ē
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Thread: FOX NEWS on the Volt; "itís a cool car and itís smooth as glass.Ē

Default FOX NEWS on the Volt; "itís a cool car and itís smooth as glass.Ē

Here is what I know to be true; if you start commenting on a thread in a way that others do not like, they will attempt to debate what you are saying, but then they will either write a post saying the thread needs to be closed, or they will send a private message to a mod, asking them to close the thread. I was on an ExPat Forum recently discussing crime statistics involving Americans living in foreign countries, when some Americans took offense and said I should leave. Then the mod deleted my post and said discussing crime statistics (on a thread where the OP asked about the validity of State Department crime statistics) was "Off Topic". Then the founder posted that the thread was "Closed For Analysis".

What did your mother use to tell you about sticks and stones...and words?

Bill of Rights and the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution aside, what is up with people who cannot disagree intelligently, rationally?

I just read several stories from Fox News where they praised the Chevy Volt. I watched several videos on YouTube where Fox News interviewed people who praised the Chevy Volt. Fox was quick to report increasing sales and the great reviews the Volt is getting, including Car Of The Year in both the U.S. and Europe.

But what about those four guys on various shows on Fox that did not like the Volt? So what. Unlike MSNBC and left-wing news outlets, people are allowed to disagree on Fox News and not be censored or fired for it. On the show where Eric Boling gave a poor review of the Volt, Juan Williams defended the Volt. People critical of Fox always fail to mention such things. Neil Cavuto has said negative things and then I watched him say the stories about Volt batteries catching fore are "much ado about nothing". He defended the Volt. A Fox Business show host criticized the Volt based on what Consumer Report stated about it's value. Then the Fox Car Reporter was allowed to make a strong defense of the Volt. It was very persuasive. Then another member of the business show panel stated he did not support the subsidies for the Volt. He did not attack the Volt itself, but was upset over how GM shareholders were treated during the restructuring. These are valid concerns and business people tend to look at things differently.

Bob Lutz was a genius, we all agree on that. He was also a right-wing conservative. So what does it serve Fox News, if they are so right-wing, to attack him and his creation? George W. Bush was in office as the Volt became a reality. Does Fox News hate George W. Bush, Bob Lutz, the Chevy Volt, and energy independence from foreign oil? How right-wing would that be?

I recently suggested on a thread that devolved into a discussion on global warming, that Charles Krauthammer, Steve Kay, Jonah Goldberg, and George Will, who all appear regularly on the Bret Baier Show, are some of the most intelligent and well informed people in this country. Someone who hates Fox News then responded by saying Charles Krauthammer tells countless (over 100) lies about global warming. I asked him to stated some of the 100+ lies. Silence....Always silence follows challenges to those making false claims about Fox News.

The Volt is, as Bob Lutz stated, the greatest achievement by the U.S. since the space shuttle. I adore our new 2014 Volt. I hope I can save up and get the next great GM electric hybrid that gets 200 miles of range out of it's battery. Does that mean I support the bail out of GM? Nope. Do I think it is fair to everyone that my wife and I get a $7500 tax credit? Nope. Will I give back the tax credit? Nope. It's there for all who are willing to trust in the Volt. I can add that I think GM has made mistakes in the past and that they gave too much away to the unions and have likely made it impossible for GM to survive the legacy costs of the lavish pensions they gave to the union members. But that is all politics, and I dislike it, and dislike and distrust politicians.

Unlike all my best friends who are mostly lefties, I'm not afraid to defend what I like and who I like. They use to quote Al Gore to me throughout the late 90's and now they refuse to utter his name, in shame. I like Fox News. Without them, no other news organization would push back against the corruption in this administration. They are fighting the good fight, filing FOIA requests and running stories that left-wing news refuses to run.

Long live Fox News and the Chevy Volt!

My eyes are not so good. Can we get all fonts in this size on all threads? Maybe a poll could sway the forum overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wayfaring Stranger View Post
    Do I think it is fair to everyone that my wife and I get a $7500 tax credit? Nope.
    I get really tired of hearing that. Everyone should get whatever taxes back that they can - it's their money. Many and perhaps most people do in every other area. This is no different.

In addition, the money we get back doesn't go into a black hole and disappear. We have the opportunity to use it in other areas of commerce. The argument is made as if we hide the cash under our mattress, which we don't.

Text big enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
    I get really tired of hearing that. Everyone should get whatever taxes back that they can - it's their money. Many and perhaps most people do in every other area. This is no different.

In addition, the money we get back doesn't go into a black hole and disappear. We have the opportunity to use it in other areas of commerce. The argument is made as if we hide the cash under our mattress, which we don't.

Text big enough for you?
    Perfect, Mister Dave. Hey, I'd take $10k if that's what they were offering. I also tend to circulate my money back into the economy vs. stash it.

For me, it's like watching the opening scene of Reservoir Dogs, where they are sitting in a diner debating the merits of tipping waitresses. They bring us our food and sometimes they remember to fill my water glass. For that they deserve a special reward? I spent years designing and building multi-use trails for mountain bikers and hikers. Nobody ever tipped me. I worked harder at most jobs I had growing up than wait staff ever worked in their air conditioned restaurants, but no tips. I once got a tip working as an usher, and got tipped a few times by drunk students while selling peanuts at a football stadium.

Wait, this has nothing to do with tax credits. Sorry.
    Last edited by The Wayfaring Stranger; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:15 PM. Reason: enlarge font. say it with me...enlarge font.

Advertisement

...Wait, this has nothing to do with tax credits. Sorry.[/FONT]
    What about the tax credit return on house payments (deducting mortgage interest) ? We don't have any in Quťbec but we do have a 8 000 $ (taxes included) discount on the Volt (gouvernment incentive). And I think it is right to be like this. If the electric movement is not supported, nothing will ever change - the oil moguls will do anything to sink it.

P.S. You guys are so focuses on the Chevy Volt tax credit, but never look the other cars who receive the same tax credit (or more) and never complain about : http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml
    Last edited by voldar; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:44 PM.
    My Volt stats
    2014 White Diamond, S1, Bose, Nav, Premium Pkg

Bob Lutz was a genius .... The Volt is, as Bob Lutz stated, the greatest achievement by the U.S. since the space shuttle. I adore our new 2014 Volt. I hope I can save up and get the next great GM electric hybrid that gets 200 miles of range out of it's battery. Does that mean I support the bail out of GM? Nope. Do I think it is fair to everyone that my wife and I get a $7500 tax credit? Nope. Will I give back the tax credit? Nope. It's there for all who are willing to trust in the Volt.
    I don't know much about Lutz, but I can tell that the Volt is a fantastic well engineered product. For me, its all about moving the needle -- awareness of global warming, and encouraging solutions requires a partnership of entrepreneurs and inventors, along with government incentives to move the needle more quickly. As it is, with the incentives out there, the Volt should be selling like hot cakes, but its a new technology and there is still some problems to be worked out and there is resistance on the part of buyers. For whatever reason, the Volt was even on my radar screen of cars I would buy because I incorrectly assumed it was out of my price range, and that the technology wasn't ready for main stream. Anyway, we are all the beneficiaries of subsides for energy efficient technologies. Due to rebate incentives, and improved technology, over the last 10 years, my home is using about half the electricity that we used to use, even with the Volt driving 700-750 electric miles each month, with no quality of life compromises. Plus, now I'm using 400 gallons a year less gasoline! Everybody wins, and we move the bar slowly, towards saving the planet. So I am 100% in favor of the government doing everything it can to help the process move farther along, through a combination of incentives, taxes, tougher standards and all that stuff that Conservatives presumably detest.

Quote Originally Posted by voldar View Post
    P.S. You guys are so focuses on the Chevy Volt tax credit, but never look the other cars who receive the same tax credit (or more) and never complain about : http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml
    You guys who? And.... I only own a Volt. Those other electrical wheelboxes aren't in my garage.

I just read several stories from Fox News where they praised the Chevy Volt.
    Coincidentally, just 30 minutes ago, my son declared over dinner, "I can't even read anything by Fox News anymore."

I'd love to see the videos to which you refer, because I've certainly never seen anything like that on Fox News. If they genuinely are becoming more open-minded then that's wonderful development.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
    You guys who? And.... I only own a Volt. Those other electrical wheelboxes aren't in my garage.
    Those guys who feel the need to spit in your face everytime like a robot: "It's my money you take for your Volt garbage Obama car !".
    My Volt stats
    2014 White Diamond, S1, Bose, Nav, Premium Pkg

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot28 View Post
    I'd love to see the videos to which you refer, because I've certainly never seen anything like that on Fox News. If they genuinely are becoming more open-minded then that's wonderful development.
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/152985694...=1529856944001

Advertisement

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast