GM Volt Forum banner

QUEBEC'S ELECTRIC CIRCUIT : NICE COMMERCIAL

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  an_outsider 
#1 ·
Wow ... I'm really impressed about the leadership that Quebec is taking about charging stations!!

Take a look at the 5 commercials ... each use a different EV using the charging stations ...

Of course, there is one with the VOLT !!! :cool:

http://roulezelectrique.com/?p=587

Product Banner Car Vehicle Luxury vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Good evening slyastro,

I understand that the Province of Quebec isn't the same as one of our states in the USA with the possible exception of, say California. I also understand that Hydro Quebec is a major player in the electrical market of eastern North America. That being said, it appears from the ads you provided that Hydro Quebec is building infrastructure in hopes that the electric vehicle producers will sell more vehicles in Quebec. Can't the government of Quebec make a deal directly with GM for more Volts at the Provincial level or does Quebec just go along with what the Canadian Federal government allows?

Do I assume your situation is the same as the USA in wondering why GM isn't shipping more Volts sooner to markets that seem to want them?

#3 ·
Hydro-Québec Production generates 94% hydropower electricity and the renewable energy portion from their under contract suppliers is 82%, spliced between hydropower & farm winds.

According to knowyourpower.ca, overall Canada’s electricity production in 2010, 63% was hydropower.

Our provincial tax beak is instant rebate type at the POS (after sale taxes applied) of $7,769 for a Volt. The credit amount is based on the battery capacity of the vehicle. This provincial only credit +/- covers the 14.975% sale taxes (Canada federal 5% & Québec provincial 9.5% = combined 14.975%). We also have a provincial credit program for EVSE charger installation.

Youtube (french). Imho, the Québec program is over the top optimistic but who am I to judge that... I'll retain more EV options is better.
The good: 2012-2013 period, the EV credit are at their maximum
The bad: the credit would decrease / terminate after a while or if they reach the 10,000 EV/PHEV ***, 5,000 HV whichever comes first if you read the small print ***

The Volt allocation restriction at GM Canada would probably cost them a lot of lost sales in Québec, Ontario and British Columbia if they don't seriously revise/upgrade it or even better, simply "take as much order as they can" soon enough. 116 Volt delivered in March in Canada is better but far from its real potential :cool:

Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.