My 2011 Volt just came back from Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose:
- 11342 Enhancements for side impact pole performance
- 12020 Driver airbag inspection
- 11188 Enhanced 120 volt charge cord
- 11137 Product enhancements - ** expires 09/30/13 (aka: software upgrades)
I also asked them to rotate the tires and fix the rear view mirror (wouldn't hold position).
Unfortunately, I had a series of problems getting my rental car and then again trying to pick up my Volt last night that consumed nearly 2 hours of my time. When I went to get my car this morning, I was loaded for bear and fully prepared with information from this site.
I made the service consultant walk through every item with me. From this forum, I knew to check:
- The fluid level in the battery coolant reservoir
- That the backup camera was operational
- That the auto heated seats option was still present on the climate screen
- That the rear driver's side fuse label had been replaced
- That the new 120V EVSE has a black wall plug and cord
First thing, I opened the hood and went right to the coolant level. It was filled to the top and not to the fill line halfway up the tank as it was supposed to be. That brought out the operations director, the shop foreman, and a tech. They spent about 15 minutes reviewing the instructions, agreed that it wasn't right, and fixed it on the spot.
Everything else was in order. The whole team was quite apologetic, and the service consultant went out of his way to make it all right. I'm quite confident that all work was performed and done properly AND that the dealership learned something from my experience, so I'm satisfied overall.
I had a final discussion with the operations director, and it went something like this:
"A number of Volt owners used to be BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, etc. owners - that is a good thing for Chevrolet. However, it also means that they will be expecting a higher level of service. As long as GM keeps making cars as good as the Volt, I'll keep buying them."
Hopped in my Volt and off I went. So much better than the Cruze rental I had for two days!