No contact with My Volt, one week and counting
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No contact with My Volt, one week and counting

Default No contact with My Volt, one week and counting

Since last Sunday, I've been unable to reach my car on My Volt (web based) or my mobile On Star app (android). It just stopped working, poof. On My Volt, it just said "unable to update charging information, try again." On the mobile app, the error message told me to drive the car again and try to reconnect. I tried that many times, of course, over the past week with negative results.

So, last Tuesday, I called On Star technical assistance. They couldn't fix the problem right away, and told me to continue to try to connect through the web site and through the mobile app while they assigned the issue to a "senior technical representative." They were very nice, professional, and apologetic.

I called back 2 days later for an update. They again were very kind and told me they were working on the problem and someone from On Star would contact me on Thursday, or Friday at the latest.

It is now Sunday, and no phone call. And still no ability to contact my car. My user name and password are still active and get me logged in to My Volt and to On Star. But after that, nothing.

I am a new Volt owner. I love every aspect of the car. It is really a superior machine to many fine automobiles I have owned over the past 20 years. But is this what I should expect regarding My Volt, On Star, and other technological matters regarding the Volt? Any advice on what to do is appreciated.

Call OnStar again. Similar thing happened to me and something on their end messed up my OnStar account to the point that they had to set me up with a brand a new account. Since they did set me up with a new account everything has been working pretty well (except I have yet to receive a diagnostic report - I'll give it a few more days and then call up if that doesn't appear). Call them from your phone so you can sit at a computer in case they have you set up a brand new account, rather than pushing your blue button.

Assuming the car is working fine, the best advice would be to relax until it gets sorted. Just keep pestering them. It's most likely something on OnStar's end but even if it's a problem with the car it will get fixed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

I have had two OnStar problems. OnStar fixed them within 1 week. I did not have to do anything except report it to OnStar.
    2/3/2012 - Volt Owner #05396
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana

It's happened to my 2012 volt about 6 or 7 times now. OnStar says something about a corrupt packet - my Droid reports a 216 error and my computer reports unable to update charging information - try again. They usually put me through to tech support and they end up downloading software to the Volt's OnStar system and resetting it. In my case, that usually works for a month or so - then it happens again. Not sure if the problem is with OnStar or with my car. I currently have the problem again (unable to use the apps since 10 Feb) and it's been escalated - I was told they'd contact me within 7-10 days. It's starting to get old.

I just checked and mysteriously it works - looks like they download the system without telling me and fixed the problem.

-gt4fore
    C2072 / 2012 White Diamond Tricoat
    HIDS - LEDS - Bose subwoofer - Tint - Dynamat
    Purchased 10/7/2011

I had a similar problem. Took me a couple of calls to OnStar to get it fixed. But now it works. Just keep trying, it will get resolved.

have you called onstar from the car? have you tried to send turn by turn directions from mapquest or google? Try different things, but calling onstar from the car to sort the problem will probably be quicker.
    05/02/2011 (1100) Order placed
    10/22/2011 V EV Day
    18" Touren TR2 with Pirelli Runflats, HID's and LED's all round
    LED rear Reflector MOD
    Volt Embossed Headrests
    Carbon Fiber Dash Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Brittt1 View Post
    have you called onstar from the car? have you tried to send turn by turn directions from mapquest or google? Try different things, but calling onstar from the car to sort the problem will probably be quicker.
    Yes, I did call On Star from the car, twice. I've also done the turn by turn through virtual advisor, and it works fine.

about the same problem on march 2 - I could not get charge complete status Iphone messages.

Using the Iphone app was giving can't connect to car error message.

I tried to call the cars cell phone and got a busy signal.

I went to the car and then placed a call FROM the car to my cell phone ( after turning off blue-tooth setting in iphone)

That worked and a few sec later I got an old charge status text messages as well.
    The system has been very slow this last week but this looks like something locked up and making a outgoing call may have fiexed it. have not had a problem in 2 days.

** Calling onstar and having them reset migh have worked as well and I will go that path next time.

one side note: I did turn off blue-tooth pairing just before the problem seemed to reset so I can't rule out the blue tooth problem others are looking into.
    2012 RED Volt VIN:#C-8860 - Premium Leather Seats Jet Black with Dark Trim, Rear Camera & Park Assist, Nav
    09/29/2011 Ordered -- 11/15/2011 took it home

12. Advertisement

My OnStar remote app (IPhone 4S) has never been able to connect with my 2012 Volt. After many calls to "tech" (ha!) support and one software "update" that required a trip to the dealer, I still cannot use this worthless app. Shame on GM for promoting remote access as a feature of Volt!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text