Tropical Cadillac in Bradenton, FL apparently offering $12k off PLUS $7500 rebate...
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tropical Cadillac in Bradenton, FL apparently offering $12k off PLUS $7500 rebate...

1. Default Tropical Cadillac in Bradenton, FL apparently offering $12k off PLUS $7500 rebate...

FYI, not affiliated and wish I had received this deal!

Their email:

We just got $12,000 off incentives on the purchase of a new Cadillac ELR. Plus you get a $7500 tax credit! If you have not seen or driven this amazing vehicle, you need to come in and test drive one. This is the New electric vehicle from Cadillac, and it not only will save you a bundle at the gas pump, but it looks and drives amazing, Stop in today for a test drive.

4780 14th Street West
    Bradenton, FL 34207
    (941) 751-6886
    www.tropicalcadillac.com

If it works for anyone, please reply in this thread. Happy Hunting!

So what did you pay before tax credit?
    Cyber Gray, Std Wheels, Black Leather/White Console, Park Assist. Picked up May 2011
    B3320
    Best All Electric Miles: 54.2
    Lifetime: 50,009 miles, 156 MPG, Remaining Oil Life 68%
    Typical Commute: 60 miles
    30 day Stats: 1342 miles, 250
    MPG, 93% Electric, 7% gas, Saved 60 gal., 25 kW-hr/100 miles
    VOLT TIPS & SECRETS Free Volt Manual here: Owners Manual (PDF)

3. Default

They will inevitably have to give big, bigger incentives if they want to sell them all. I'm afraid model year ELR 2015 might never see the light of day.
    At the rate they are selling, there will be well over 1000 cars left in december. Ouf!
    2011 - January 5, 2K deposit
    2011 - October 5th, official order of a blue Volt
    2011 - November, Order Accepted by GM
    2011 - December, VA says Volt to be built in the week of 16, Jan.
    2012 - Feb 17th, VA says Buzz's birthday is Feb 9th.
    2012 - March 8, C 14485, Buzz is home.
    2014 - May 15, Buzz goes Plugless.
    Owner of the Holy Grail of cars , Take that Japan!

Advertisement

I used to be gaga about the ELR. Now I don't feel very interested. Maybe it's all the negative talk. Could the ELR be a repeat of the Cimarron, which was a tarted up Nova and now is universally despised? Did Cadillac pull a huge blunder introducing the ELR at such an outrageous price and now won't be able to sell it even with huge discounts? How can Cadillac expect to sell a smaller coupe than the CTS at twice the price? Is the ELR's brand permanently tarnished? I guess we'll see.
    2013 Volt, summit white.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeVoltOwner View Post
    I used to be gaga about the ELR. Now I don't feel very interested. Maybe it's all the negative talk. Could the ELR be a repeat of the Cimarron, which was a tarted up Nova and now is universally despised? Did Cadillac pull a huge blunder introducing the ELR at such an outrageous price and now won't be able to sell it even with huge discounts? How can Cadillac expect to sell a smaller coupe than the CTS at twice the price? Is the ELR's brand permanently tarnished? I guess we'll see.
    Oh, it'll sell...
    When GM finally realizes that just because you slap a Cadillac logo on a Volt, you can't sell it for 2x the price.
    They'll have to hold a firesale with this fiasco of pricing. I'm curious who decided on the price point for the ELR.
    2013 Blue Topaz - Pebble Beige Leather

Quote Originally Posted by TTa View Post
    I'm curious who decided on the price point for the ELR.
    ...and did the door hit him on his way out...

I love the looks of the car but ya that price is nuts. Going to be very interesting to see how low they go in price especially after the 2nd gen volt comes out. My wife wont give up her cts until an electrica caddy comes out. We were excited when the elr came out, at 50k its a home run. Not 70-80k.

The 12K incentive is a real thing, I was also offered $12K off + $7500 fed tax credit @ Austin, TX dealer. Plus USAA insurance credit, military discount...
    Also was mentioned the word "we are flexible on the pricing".
    But I really need a hatchback with fold down seats, hauling 2 dogs or 2 bicycles.

My local Caddy dealer is offering at least $13.6k off MSRP on the 3 ELRs they have in stock, not including the fed tax credit. And I'm assuming that discount can be combined with other private offers (USAA/student/farm bureau, etc..).

So in MD, a $77.7k ELR is already down to $64k without any haggling. If you subtract the $7.5k fed credit and $2k state tax credit, you're down to $54.5k bottom line....

How low can the ELR go? This is sorta like watching a guy jump off a building, just without all the blood and guts.
    2012 - #25656 - Black
    Voltstats link

Advertisement

I was curious so I drove to my local Caddy dealer in Pompano Beach, FL. They offered me a $550/month lease for 39 months with $2k down. I declined because my 2013 Volt is hopelessly upside down given the price cut on the 2014's, etc, but I'm still interested if the price gets as attractive as the car itself. I then went home to browse the dealership further and they have 8 on the lot, all listed at nearly $20k off sticker (including the $7500 tax incentive) so they're all listed in the low $60's. Must better, but still too rich for my blood. BTW, my salesdude was really nice but admitted that not only do they know less about the vehicle than any prospective customers that come in to look at them, but they have sold only 1 ELR so far... At that rate (and the still too-high price), those 8 will be on the lot for quite a while.
    Volt # 104290 "Faraday" | 2013 Cyber Gray with Jet Black Leather and Spice Red Accents.
    MyLink with Navigation & Bose, Enhanced Safety Packages 1 & 2, Premium Trim, Polished Wheels
    Delivered on 08/14/2012!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast