GM Volt Forum banner

CD Mount for Smart Phone

8K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  JetPIC 
#1 ·
I searched and did not find any posts related to this. I am interested in installing a CD mount for my Smartphone. I dont use my CD player at all, so I don't mind blocking that slot. However, given that the Volt has such a "busy" dash board with so many controls, I am curious as to how a CD mount would affect access to all these controls. Has anyone used a CD mount in their Volt. If so, how is it working out for you? Photos, Model names, Links, etc would be much appreciated! TIA!

#2 ·
I find the best place for my phone is in my pocket. I use it when I'm not moving instead of 88 feet per second.

#4 ·
When we are driving, her hands are holding something else of mine. :)

My scotch, you pervs! :)

#9 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4ABOZS/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got this one, it works fine. Install it so the little flip-tab that actuates the CD slot clamp is on top, that way it will slightly touch and block the use of the upper menu-scrolling knob on the dash, but not the volume knob. I only use it for road trips when I want Apple Maps or Google Maps, and stow it otherwise, so it's the best solution to have it when you want a holder, and not when you don't. It does NOT block the use of anything else on the panel, to any significant degree.

Also, just to piss off other people in here, I'll point out that if you're going to play a movie it's better to use a wired audio input rather than bluetooth because the latency of the bluetooth means the audio is out-of-sync with the picture.

#15 ·
I'm going to try my hand at writing an app to emit the jetsons car noise and try to adjust the noise based on the phone's accelerometer. Unless someone has already done it...

#19 ·
nGroove Snap by Mountek

I've been using the nGroove Snap for six+ months now:
http://www.mountek.com/gallery/ngroove-snap/

The magnet on the mount is very strong, so I haven't had any issues so far. nGroove's website says you can use mini tablets with the mount, and I believe the magnet is strong enough for the task. I've only used it with my phones. Following photos are from Mountek's website (non-Volts):

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Volkswagen
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Multimedia
Vehicle Car Technology Vintage car Classic car
Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car Technology

On my Volt, some of the dash buttons immediately below the CD slot get obscured, but I usually don't use these buttons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.