GM Volt Forum banner

For those who missed the best Volt commercial ever....

Tags
commercial
3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BarryD 
#1 ·
I'm re-posting what I think is the commercial they should show as it explains the car very well...

http://youtu.be/JRj0FD5YIo4

MrEnergyCzar

#2 ·
Thanks For The Post! This ad really hits it! Short of getting the rights to the Oak Ridge Boys "American Made", with word similar to my signature below, and belting it out to some rocking Volt Video's, this ad does very good.....

#3 ·
It's better than the ones GM's been using on TV, but it still doesn't make clear the fact that if you depleted your battery after ~40 miles, the gas generator will kick on and take you another ~350 miles or to the next gas station or electrical outlet, whichever comes first.

A very smart guy I work with noted last night that I drove a Volt. He asked me, "what do you do after 40 miles?" He genuinely thought that was as far as the car could go, and he couldn't understand why anyone would buy such a limited-capability vehicle! I told him to think of it as a plug-in hybrid on steroids; that he understood.

#5 ·
They have a lot of time in 1:30. It's pretty good but they certainly missed the opportunity, after the "fill up at home" bit to say "or fill up on the road". I think the alien commercial is about right for the Superbowl, but this is the third one pushing the "electric or gas" angle, so I think the "guy at work" hasn't been paying attention. Enough of those! GM needs to tell people why they want to spend as much as $45k for this amazingly fun-to-drive LUXURY car. Pushing the fact that it's very technologically advanced is going to scare a lot of people. Tell the world how much real people love this very "normal" car! Promise them that test-driving one will change their lives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.