Found a Fully loaded 2013 with 52k Miles, what does every one think?
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Found a Fully loaded 2013 with 52k Miles, what does every one think?

Default Found a Fully loaded 2013 with 52k Miles, what does every one think?

So I found a 13 silver Volt with everything including lane departure and frontal crash assist or whatevery they call it.

It looks like a lease return and needs some work. Tires are gone, interior dirty, dings and dents and a few scratches. I think I can fix it all up for about $2500.

It has a minor accident on the carfax, not sure what it was but not a total or anything, clean title.

What would be the most you would pay for a car like this?

Thanks

I'm no expert- but I wouldn't pay anything more than $15-20k....
    2012 White Diamond (sold)
    2014 Black (current)

I agree, Im thinking 16ish would be good. I am not really afraid of the mileage. So far the volt battery and entire voltec system has held up very well. I will still have 48k miles left on the voltec warranty and some powertrain warranty left. Basically if I bought one with normal miles it would be around 23-25k fully loaded in perfect condition. So Im saving around 4k after I fix this one up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sprayed01 View Post
    So I found a 13 silver Volt with everything including lane departure and frontal crash assist or whatevery they call it.

It looks like a lease return and needs some work. Tires are gone, interior dirty, dings and dents and a few scratches. I think I can fix it all up for about $2500.

It has a minor accident on the carfax, not sure what it was but not a total or anything, clean title.

Thanks

Hard to be objective here without more info, particularly price, which is not mentioned. You are stating you might need to sink $2500 in to it. From the sounds of it, and the miles, I would suspect your purchase price to be about 15-16K plus the 2500 puts you at a maximum of 18.5K. Otherwise, I would keep looking for a better deal.

Thats a 10 most 12k car tops.

Sorry, ya thats the point of the thread is to see what a good price to pay for the car would be. Its at an auction, I was thinking of putting my max at 16k. lawjds, I dont think 10-12k is very reailistic. I mean that would be awesome but I believe its worth more than that.
    Last edited by Sprayed01; 05-12-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Sorry, ya thats the point of the thread is to see what a good price to pay for the car would be. Its at an auction, I was thinking of putting my max at 16k. lawjds, I dont think 10-12k is very reailistic. I mean that would be awesome but I believe its work more than that.
    I like that approach. Put in your maximum bid that you are comfortable with, then hope for the best. You never know at an auction. You might come out thousands cheaper but hold your ground with your initial maximum number.

I would pay 14,460 . Seems like it may not be a great peace of mind car but if it drives well and no loss of CD mode mileage, could be a good experiment.
    VIN: B-2672 Crystal Red - Light Neutral Leather (4-years owned on July 5, 2016 @ 69,000 miles) Current Hidden Content
    USA-made 8.16KW Solar PV - SolarWorld + PowerOne Aurora ** Hidden Content -- 47 MWh since 12/12/2012

Thank you to Hidden Content for a great purchasing experience. Hidden Content

Thanks
    So, the state of the Retail Automotive Lending World is gonna shock you.

The majority of lenders, nationwide now cloud submit and cloud approve with bots, (algorithm's) pulling the borrowers SSN and other information and then pulling the NADA current retail values.

Cloud approvals allow for 100% of current NADA Retail with generally good credit, 650- 690 score's.

115%- 125% of current NADA Retail with 700- 850 scores.

Sub prime, scores of 540- 640 may result in auto approvals at 80% Of NADA current retail value.

While a VIN and description of added options are entered as well as the current miles, no request to document absolute condition of the offered vehicle; the equity, is ever asked for.

The cloud software, (BOTS) makes the loan approval based on all information entered and based on credit history!

Having said this and fully aware of the stated condition by the OP, the amount that a bank will loan on this 2013MY Chevy Volt Extended Range electric Vehicle is-

$24,700.00-

This is the value of this Chevy Volt EREV. Needed repairs and upgrades to bring it up to clean retail status are NOT a factor used in the current Automotive Lending Arena except in extreme conditions of salvage or rebuilt titles or if a fraud is being perpetrated.

So, we know that these vehicles are holding extreme resale values based on current values new!

Link Goes To NADA Current Bank Loaning Guidelines On This Chevy Volt EREV-

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2013/...4-Elect/Values

----

While it is great to speculate on street value, the ultimate decider of average retail value and thus money loaned on any used vehicle is the NADA cloud software for most lenders nationwide.

The Black Book software is used by a number of Automotive Lenders but not to the wide use that the National Automotive Dealers Association, (NADA) is used.

Kelly Bluebook is a consumer toy and is not used to move money in most Automotive Lending arrangements.

So, by all means, Sprayed01, buy that beat up sucker for what you can. But, know this, you buying this loaded 2013MY Chevy Volt EREV on the cheep does NOT stop it from pulling a $24,700.00 loan from most lenders and thus will be its gross equity value for resale once restored, subject to normal depreciations, going foreward over miles and time.

Best-

Thomas J. Thias

Sundance Chevrolet Inc.

517-749-0532

Twitter.co/AmazingChevVolt
    Last edited by Selling Volts At Sundance; 05-12-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------]=
    The Amazing Chevy Volt EREV-Facts Guy
    Out of Stock-March 12, 2012 CU114012 Ally Bank LSE- 36/45,000
    "American Made"
    "My Volt Is American Made, Built And Fueled In The USA,
    From Its 100 Mile Top Speed To Unlimited Range, My Volt Is American Made!"

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Reloaded: February 24th, 2012

12. Advertisement

Thomas, what do you mean by "does NOT stop it from pulling a $24,700.00 loan from most lenders and thus will be its gross equity value for resale once restored." Are you saying if I get this around 15k Im getting a great deal?

Thanks for the write up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text