Link describes what sounds to be one of a few concepts being shot for potential Super Bowl ad buys.
I really do hope the next phase of advertising is a departure from the "is that where you pour in the electricity" and "what are you doing at a gas station" series. There is so much more to be said about the Volt, it's almost hard to choose. But I think any of them would be more beneficial (free suggestions below). What else would you like to see in a Volt commercial?
1. Hard hitting facts about the performance
2. Easy-to-digest (and memorable) illustrations to debunk some of the myths about EV use
3. Triumph of American design and engineering
4. Silence and Power
5. Some of the really cool unique features
6. Strongest action to support American energy independence and move away from fossil fuels altogether
7. Powered by energy Made-in-the-USA rather than shipped in from the desert
8. Placement in the proper market segment (compares against Acura/BWM/whatever, rather than the low-end economy cars the detractors like to use)
9. Owner testimonials