GM Volt Forum banner

Keyboard Warriors take that!

4K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Bzzzt 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have read daily on this site since the days of the "Electric Camaro". I'm not the one to be the first for anything and had planned that some day I would get an electric vehicle, no real plan and then read of another Florida resident buying a volt from a dealer near me so I went and took a look.

The short version is I have leased a base 2012, went for the lease as I don't qualify for the tax credit and did a one payment lease, so for the next 3 years I get to drive a new volt without any tax or ownership worry's.

FYI, if I had done a regular lease, they payments would have be about 383/month including everything ( did 10K miles a year )

Now, my reason for posting is WHY I did this ...

With the recent bad press on the Volt battery fires and the non-stop attacks from the press I felt that I could make the most difference by buying a Volt and adding +1 to the sold column. Now, my trade-in was a 2010 Fusion, which was a great car, got great mileage, no complaints what so ever.

I didn't do this for saving money on gas as I don't drive a whole lot. I did this to support American engineering and manufacturing and as a bonus, for the 5 days I have had the car I am floored about the driving experience, which is just a rush every time I drive

So to the doubters, haters and ones with motives that sit behind a key board a spew rubbish, take that!, I bought a volt and I am a true patriot for doing it! ( maybe we should have bumper stickers like this )

The dealership, Stringray Chevrolet in Plant City Florida, doesn't do much to sell them, they don't know the technology benefits and all the cars on the lot are at 0 miles charge, I have suggested they take one every night and 120V charge them so test drives can experience EV driving, but there prices are best in the State, they sell at invoice including the dealer hold-back, mine listed at 40,589 purchase price was 38700 which was then used to do the Ali bank Lease deal, but I did one payment using the trade-in so payment free for the lease term.

They we helpful, easy to deal with and have 6 others on the lot. I get nothing out of mentioning them but the local dealer wanted MSRP plus 1K of "pin strips / wax and shine", so it might help someone knowing there are deals for the asking in the Tampabay area

Hopefully the December sales numbers will be better, I did my part!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool another Red one! Congrats. With all these leases there should be some deals in a couple years on used ones.

I agree on all of your above comments.

#3 ·
Congrats and congrats on a great price. I think you are spot on with your statements about American Engineering and Patriotism. I for one am a little perplexed how so called patriots dis this car with great joy, they should all be ashamed of themselves.

#6 ·
Great post man! You'll be looking for reasons to drive.

Loved this comment:
for the 5 days I have had the car I am floored about the driving experience, which is just a rush every time I drive

#7 ·
Don't know if it was my post you read, but my red Volt was picked up two weeks ago (after October order) from Stingray, as well. Was very pleased with purchase. Being fully educated about the Volt though, I had to correct them on a few things (like 3 years onstar and 8 years battery warranty). I have already confirmed that I will be able to get battery charges when I visit my daughter nearby.

I am firmly infected with Volt-mania. I plan on spreading the contagion as widely as possible, by airborne transmission, as well as contact transmission. It is awesome to drive around silently and come home to power up with sunshine. I think it sheer madness to deal with the lunacy of the middle east and seriously wonder why anyone would prefer to drive around in such crude last-century fashion.

#10 ·
Yes, it was your post and It was what gave me the push to check out in person the Volt

Don't know if it was my post you read, but my red Volt was picked up two weeks ago (after October order) from Stingray, as well. .....

I plan on spreading the contagion as widely as possible, by airborne transmission, as well as contact transmission.

#8 ·
I did this to support American engineering and manufacturing and as a bonus, for the 5 days I have had the car I am floored about the driving experience, which is just a rush every time I drive

So to the doubters, haters and ones with motives that sit behind a key board a spew rubbish, take that!, I bought a volt and I am a true patriot for doing it!
Preach on brother! Good for you and welcome to the forum!

#11 ·
OP, congrats on your decision. And a nice color choice too!

I heartily agree with your sentiments. I didn't buy mine because of economics; I bought mine so guys like my son-in-law don't have to go back to the Middle East and protect our oil interests.

Enjoy your ride; I certainly enjoy mine.

#12 ·
Congratns on the purchase and reasoning, putting personal economics aside for the larger "economics" of reducing oil is something to be celebrated.

#13 ·
Way to go, fellow contrarian.

While the rest of the world is running in circles, panicking and screaming 'fire', I too decided to buy one. And store it in my garage.

In almost two weeks of ownership, mine has not caught on fire once, unless you count the whole internal combustion engine thingy. There were vapors coming out of the exhaust pipe I guess.....

Charge on, fellow Voltonian! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.