GM Volt Forum banner

2012 Bluetooth unavailable

15K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  fancycat 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLVED! I pulled the #9 in fuse box under the hood instead of the #9 at drivers end of dash. Pulled #9 and now bluetooth works again. Yesterday on my drive home a call came in to my phone but didn't connect to the car's bluetooth so I had to answer the call on the phone. When I arrived home I tried to repair my phone to the car and nothing. The bluetooth configuration says "bluetooth unavailable". Pulled fuse 9 and still nothing, so this morning I tried to call OnStar to see if there was anything at their end that might help and I have no access to OnStar. So, before making an appointment with my dealer for service I thought I would check to see if there is anything else I might try first.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#3 ·
I've mentioned in a previous thread that with my Samsung S3 the bluetooth would do the same thing with the exact same language from the display. What I did to correct it was removed device from list then pair my phone once again with the Volt. Had to do this on more than one occasion. However since I got my Samsung S4 and my wife's Iphone 5S these issues have gone away.

#5 ·
I've mentioned in a previous thread that with my Samsung S3 the bluetooth would do the same thing with the exact same language from the display.
If the OP has a GS3 then that certainly could be part of the problem. I used to have a GS3 and that is what led me to discover the F9 fuse (from posts on this board). I've switched to the Nexus 5 and, while it has not been perfect (I've pulled the F9 fuse once since switching), bluetooth has been far more reliable with it than with the GS3.

I never tried OnStar when the GS3 was bonked so I do not know if it would have worked in that state or not.

#4 ·
I have this problem constantly with My Droid Motorola . I have to turn on and off blue tooth after every call.

My car is a 2013.. my wife's car is 2011 with an IPhone and has no issues. She had a simple phone before that and no issues..

Wondering if it is a issue with 2013.

I have a lot of those types of issues on other things also on the 2013

#6 ·
To clarify, I am using an iPhone 5. The iPhone tries to pair to no avail and the car's bluetooth just says bluetooth not available. I will check to see if I pulled correct fuse, because as gschuck stated the fuses are oriented a bit strange.

#10 ·
Replying here in case it's helpful to anyone. I was having major problems with my bluetooth connections failing on my 2013 Volt. I reasoned that the system just needed a reboot but as far as I can tell there's no software buttons to do this. I opened the fuse box inside the car, pulled fuse #2 labeled "radio", popped it back in, and bluetooth connections are back to nearly instantaneous. I expect the poster I'm replying to benefitted from the reboot more than the firmware update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.