GM Volt Forum banner

2016 ELR ChargePoint 120v Charger Door Stuck Open

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  kevin1956murray 
#1 ·
I stopped at a ChargePoint station (combo 120v/240v station) to charge today and the 120v door was physically stuck open with a locking pin obstructing the ability to close the door. No matter what I did with my RFID card, it wouldn't release the pin. (I even tried plugging in my 120 charger to see if that would cause it to "finish" a charge cycle, but it wouldn't.) Someone driving by said it had been stuck like that for a few days.

I called the service number on the box, but the representative was unable to suggest anything more than trying to force the door to close, which definitely didn't work. There's probably just something wrong with the station, but I figured I'd ask if anyone knows a way to "end" the 120v charging mode so the locking pin will allow the door to close and return to 240v charging...just in case I ever run into this again.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies! I just thought maybe I was missing something obvious. The second station at that location is now doing the same thing, so it must be a software glitch or something.

(And no, it had nothing to do with the Volt's charger door. I was talking about the fold-up door to access the 120v plug in the ChargePoint unit itself.)

#7 ·
I just had an older single cord Chargepoint station have the pin keeping me from closing the 120V outlet door. I was able to close it by using a piece of paper folded to be a half inch wide, and used it to help press the pin in (sideways) as the door pinched closed. (Kind of like using a credit card to open a door's latch, in reverse.) I hope this helps someone in the future, even though the idea is 5 years too late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.