MyVolt Website Unable to Update Charging Information / Status
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: MyVolt Website Unable to Update Charging Information / Status

Default MyVolt Website Unable to Update Charging Information / Status

Hi - new to the forum with a 2012 Volt. I've read the OnStar update thread and searched the forum.

Here's my problem: Until 11/2/11 everything worked perfectly. I was able to use RemoteLink on my Android phone to get the status of my volt: range, MPG, EV miles, Tank Level, Tire pressure, etc. However, now nothing works - I get this error message when using RemoteLink: "Unable to refresh data. Unable to connect to the vehicle. Please drive the vehicle and try again. If this issue persists, press the blue OnStar button and ask for Technical Assistance. (216)." I pressed the OnStar button - they opened up a case, but I've heard nothing.

Additionally, the MyVolt website is "Unable to update charging information. Try again?" No updates or status from my volt - no diagnostic report since 10/8/11. My question - is there something wrong with my 2012 volt or are both the MyVolt Website and RemoteLink broke. I called OnStar and they were clueless. Finally put me in touch with someone who told me the 2012 Volt apps were disabled. Is this true?

Thanks,
    -gt4fore
    Last edited by gt4fore; 11-16-2011 at 08:43 PM.

I brought mine home on 11/7/2011 and have been getting updates pretty regular. Some times it gives the refresh message but mine does refresh and gives the correct info. I am only using a computer to access not a phone app.
    2016 Heather Gray Metallic Volt LT
    Light Ash Leather, Comfort Package
    GU125068 Bought 11/23/2015
    Hidden Content
    2012 Blue Topaz
    C07798 Born 10/25/11.In service 11/7/2011
    Hidden Content
    Geo-Thermal Heat & A/C
    6.7 KW Grid-Tie Solar & Solar Reflective Roof

I am having the same problem. Mine worked the first few days and now the last 6-7 days mine is not working on my iPhone or the my volt site. they also opened a case and have heard nothing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Hi gt4fore, welcome! Hey, I posted about the 216 error a couple weeks ago when I had the same problem, see here:
    http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....5986#post95986

Summarizing that post, apparently the data packet in the Volt can get corrupted and On Star can't access it. You have to call On Star during normal M-F 8-5 Eastern business hours and speak with tech support (the normal On Star reps can't help you). They will remotely reset your data and then guide your through a manual drive cycle. After doing this, I haven't had any issues.

-JT
    Volt C-5274 Delivered 10/16/2011 | See my Hidden Content | Find me at Hidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Thank-you for the responses.

Apparently, the first tech I contacted at OnStar, a week or so ago, did not follow through. I just contacted OnStar again - from the car, the first person I spoke with patched me through to "tech support". After explaining the problem, she ran a check of my cars system and told me some settings needed to be updated. After waiting for about 7 minutes for the process to complete. Following her instructions, I powered off the car - waited for another 3 minutes then powered the car back on. Now everything is working perfectly - both the MyVolt website and RemoteLink aps work :-)

Basically, the same deal as JT described in the previous post. Thanks JT.

-gt4fore
    Last edited by gt4fore; 11-16-2011 at 08:48 PM.

having no trouble with my 2012 or the apps. the corrupt data packet thing sounds like the cause.
    Volt #3967, Golden, Co.

Now I'm starting to get concerned. The problem came back - exactly like before - corrupt data packet. Unable to update any information on the MyVolt website or the RemoteLink app on my Droid. Called OnStar and they updated / reset the software on my Volts OnStar system. It works now, however, since this is the second time I'm sure it will happen again. Has anyone else had this happen to them more than once?
    C2072 / 2012 White Diamond Tricoat
    HIDS - LEDS - Bose subwoofer - Tint - Dynamat
    Purchased 10/7/2011

I went through 3 calls to Onstar to get my 2012 working, they mentioned forcing an update to the car via Onstar to get it to work.
    Diamond White #B2140 ecosister plate=SLRRYDER
    Crystal Red #C8885, Red-Rider plate=NO2OPEC Hidden Content
    Only 50 gallons purchased, fully charged off Solar , Keeping the utilities at bay.
    DRIVING for FREE! NO OPEC FEE!

Hey gt4fore, sorry to hear this happened again. It hasn't happened to me since the 1 time in Nov. I hope this isn't indicative of a recurring problem. It may be totally unrelated, but I also kept triggering my MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) using the "double-clutch" technique on my charge plug to temporarily overide my delayed charging at work. This happens if you unplug too quickly after first plugging in. After this happened to me 2-3 times, I switched to using the temporary overide option from the center stack software that pops up when you open the charge port door. Anyway, I don't know if that contributed to my data packet corruption, but I haven't had any problems with OnStar or my MIL since.

-JT
    Volt C-5274 Delivered 10/16/2011 | See my Hidden Content | Find me at Hidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

12. Advertisement

solar_dave / JT - Thanks for the responses. To the best of my knowledge - I haven't done anything different or triggered the MIL. Chevrolet says the problem is def with OnStar. The kewl thing is, OnStar apologized for the inconvenience and gave me another 100 minutes of hands free calling.
    Still hoping the problem does not reoccur a third time.
    C2072 / 2012 White Diamond Tricoat
    HIDS - LEDS - Bose subwoofer - Tint - Dynamat
    Purchased 10/7/2011

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text