I want the official final clarification as to how many scenarios the ICE will come on despite the battery having range left in it and the car being on. I'm making a video about it. Please add to this list if you know of any other scenarios:
1. Engine Maintenance mode - if you've been only using electric for about 6 weeks it will run the engine for a few minutes to lubricate it.
2. Fuel Maintenance mode - it will eventually burn the whole tank after a year to prevent stale gas.
3. If you open the trunk the engine comes on to alert you the car is on.
4. If it's below 26F outside.
5. If you are driving above 72 mph for a certain amount of time (anyone know how long?)
6. If you put it into Mountain Mode.
7. If the battery temperature is too hot (anyone know the trigger temp?)
8. If the battery temperature is too cold (anyone know the trigger temp?)