GM Volt Forum banner

Houston Dealers that have done the Volt upgrade?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Stilgar99 
#1 ·
I keep getting harrassed about the 2011 Volt upgrade.

It's got me thinking there must really be something in it for GM even though no owners have reported anything positive from their perspective (other than the effort of taking the car to the dealer, several having the dealer do it wrong so they get to rinse and repeat, and effort to get the car settings back to the way they like it).

Since I'm not that excited about doing it, I would like to make sure the dealer I take it to isn't learning on the job with my car. So, what dealers have you used in Houston to care for your Volt? Anyone use Classic in Sugar Land?

#2 ·
Just fyi, I experienced no issues with the upgrade process, during or after. I had to reset my radio and my door lock preferences, that's it.

#3 ·
That's still 2 problems: 1) Effort to reconfigure, and 2) A trip to the dealer.

I never enjoy trips to the dealer.

#5 ·
Norman Frede, Clear Lake did mine in a little over three hours. (That is where I bought it.)
Ditto on re-programing the Radio Presets

It was close so they gave me a ride home and back.

The volt adviser said it was important to get everyone on the same configuration. Which sounds reasonable when you are trying to trouble shoot an electric car controlled by computers.

Haven't notice any changes...who knows maybe we all qualify for the CA HOV lanes now -- LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.