: New Volt Owner in Central Florida!

JohngPR
09-05-2013, 03:09 PM
My name John and I've owned my Black 2012 Chevy Volt for 4 days now and I'm loving it so far. I got a great deal on it...it had all the bells and whistles and had very few miles on it for a good price and in excellent condition. I think I got lucky since I bought it from a Ford dealership that probably wanted it off their hands. LOL

Traded from a Chrysler 300. Quite a change let me tell you, haha. ;)

BAZINGA
09-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Super and welcome aboard. Is OnStar been activated for you? They come with 3 years of service to include the turn by turn navigation. Also consider joining VoltStats.net

flmark
09-05-2013, 04:09 PM
For service, you should look up Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City. They have sold a bunch of Volts and their service department is well familiar with them, unlike most Chevy dealers. I have been very happy with the care they have provided- what little I needed, anyway.

scatman
09-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the Volt brotherhood. I leased from Stingray after David Maus refused to honor the nationally advertised lease, but have used the service dept at David Maus for two minor issues to my complete satisfaction.

Steve-FL
09-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Congrats on your purchase. When I was looking I found very few 2012's at a reasonable price. It seemed they were all equal or even more than what the rebates and tax credit gets a new one down to.

JohngPR
09-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Super and welcome aboard. Is OnStar been activated for you? They come with 3 years of service to include the turn by turn navigation. Also consider joining VoltStats.net

Thanks. I think Onstar was activated already and I went ahead and called to have the account switched over to my name. I just joined Voltstats.net based on your recommendation. Guess I have to wait until it starts polling stats to see any of mine? Seems pretty cool.

For service, you should look up Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City. They have sold a bunch of Volts and their service department is well familiar with them, unlike most Chevy dealers. I have been very happy with the care they have provided- what little I needed, anyway.

Thanks for the recommendation. I live in Orlando, so that's a bit too far away for my liking. I'm hoping to find somewhere fairly local. I went to AutoNation Chevrolet in Orlando today to get a new Voltec Charger since the one I had was one of the older ones that GM is replacing and I wasn't very impressed with their service. Cashier was rude and I waited over an hour and a half just for a new charger and to have them reset my TPMS.

Welcome to the Volt brotherhood. I leased from Stingray after David Maus refused to honor the nationally advertised lease, but have used the service dept at David Maus for two minor issues to my complete satisfaction.

Wish it was closer to me. I'm hoping that I can at least find a place that I can get to in one charge. LOL! :cool:

Congrats on your purchase. When I was looking I found very few 2012's at a reasonable price. It seemed they were all equal or even more than what the rebates and tax credit gets a new one down to.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I live in Orlando and had to drive to Tampa to get it. This was probably the easiest time I had buying a car. Most of the deal was done over the phone/internet, and all I did when I drove up was test drive it, haggle a little on my trade in, and was about it. I don't think they have anymore Chevy Volts since they are a Ford Dealership, but Brandon Ford in Tampa gave me pretty good service. I think I was just at the right place at the right time when I found it because most of the other 2012's with similar mileage that I've seen are a few thousand more than what I paid.

Funny thing is that my first drive with the car was purely on gas. Going back to them not seeming to know a whole lot about the Volts (maybe EV's in general?), I don't think they had the car charged up at all since I even did my test drive on gas. Even though I had 3/4 of a tank left by the time I got home, I topped it off just to see how long it will take me to use up the gas tank. 4 days in and I haven't used gas once!