: Almost 4 weeks in, nothing from Ally and no account number to send check to?

AdamK
08-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi all, need some advice. Leased my volt on 7/23 and love the car. Haven't received anything from Ally and started getting nervous as my next payment is due on 8/23 (4 days from now). I called Ally last week and they have no record of my lease or anything to do with my VIN. I called the dealership finance manager twice last week with no reply, so I called my salesperson and asked him to figure out what is going on.

Salesperson called me back on Friday and said that there was an "issue" with the paperwork the finance manager sent to Ally having something to do with an error in how they titled the car. He said not to worry and that I could bring my payment to them on Thursday if they haven't gotten it figured out by then.

I'm pretty concerned with the idea of bringing my lease payment to them as I don't want to have an issue with Ally once they get the paperwork resolved and I'm not sure what motivation the dealership has to get this done in a timely manner.

What are all of your thoughts?

Really appreciate you all taking the time to read and give me some feedback.

ChrisK
08-19-2012, 08:56 PM
You can create an account on Ally's website with your VIN.

If your information is with Ally, you will be able to create an account and make payments.

https://www.ally.com/auto/online-services/access/create-user-profile.html

MinnesotaWT
08-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Ally has been a complete cluster f with me.

Bought the car, turns out it was no payments for 90 days from the dealer...didn't really care about that but didn't really know.

Well it was coming up on my 1st payment and not a peek out of Ally. Finally 2 days prior to my first due date a statements shows up in the mail...it was post-marked 2 days earlier.

That was the first and only contact I've received from them. Basically I set it up on auto-pay through my US Bank bill pay, but I do not feel like a customer of theirs and nothing acknowledging me making payments (other than US Bank tracking it).

Major league bad service.

Vettes980
08-19-2012, 09:19 PM
I got my first payment notification the day it was due, and the due date printed on the bill was the same day I got it. I waited a week to send it in for good effect. I figured I had a bit of ammo if they tried to stick a late fee on me. :)

hm_stanley
08-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Same thing here man. Three weeks and nothing from ally. I have a jeep lease with them and called this weekend to consolidate the accounts and they had nothing on record for the VIN or dealership. I called my friend who happened to be the salesman for my car (which was totally awesome) and he said he would track it down. But I remember getting the paperwork for my jeep two weeks after the sale.

EdinDC
08-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Happened to me as well. No contact at all. I finally got nervous, called, and discovered Ally had the wrong street address. I demanded they not count me late but I'm afraid of what I'll find on my credit report. Best to take the initiative and get it straightened out.

Mike-o-Matic
08-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Hah! Funny you guys are having these hassles with Ally; I had similar problems with my lease from USBank. Had to practically chase them down and stuff a check in their shirt pocket.

After three weeks of driving my Volt, I knew the payment had to be due soon. To beat the one-month-mark, I had to go back to the dealership and give them a second payment, because I had no contact from USBank nor did I know where to send the payment. That was out of my way, and a hassle for both me AND the dealership. But I refused to risk USBank puttin' a black mark on my credit history -- due to their own slowness.

Anyway, a couple of weeks later, and after enough followup calls from the dealership's F&I manager to USBank, USBank eventually sent me a letter/bill. That bill had a due date in the past! Not exactly a deadline I could beat. I immediately called the contact number on the letter, verified the second payment had indeed made its way to my account (it had), and authorized ACH auto-payments so it wouldn't happen again. Luckily -- The phone banker was a knowledgeable, courteous pro and had answers, so no troubles there.

Overall though -- Not what I'd call a smooth process. You'd think they'd have this stuff down-pat.

bonaire
08-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Not to sound "conspiratorial" but these banks offering 0% loans have to make some money somehow. Late fees and other nonsense based on mailing dates being conveniently late seems to almost be calculated.

I got a letter from Ally early on and in it, it said to go online and setup an account and you can make payments there. I did that, setup auto-pay about 7 days prior to the payment due date. So, first payment went in a couple weeks ago which was less than a month after buying the Volt. You have to work at this stuff to keep from missing payment dates. I'm pretty sure Chase, my mortgage holder, accepts payment but then doesn't post it for 2 days just to say "we need processing time". All very ridiculous in today's computerized world.

jbfalaska
08-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Wells Fargo was better, but only by me nagging them. My dealer tried first with Ally and finally found out Colorado REQUIRED Wells Fargo. They are helpful but definitely elbowing required.

drbruns
08-20-2012, 12:38 AM
I bought my Volt with the 0% 72 month plan from Ally. Loan went through fine, I got my paperwork and signed up for autopay. I then received a notice from Ally saying that I had missed my first payment. Go figure. Called them and got it worked out but it was kind of weird.

ronk
08-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Bought my Volt in Texas. Drove it to Calif and then back home to Ohio. Going thru my mail, and found a letter from Ally stating that my loan has been denied. LOL Easy fix, called my salesman and said that I was returning the car because of the denied loan. Two days later, salesman called back and loan was approved.

cab
08-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi all, need some advice. Leased my volt on 7/23 and love the car. Haven't received anything from Ally and started getting nervous as my next payment is due on 8/23 (4 days from now). I called Ally last week and they have no record of my lease or anything to do with my VIN. I called the dealership finance manager twice last week with no reply, so I called my salesperson and asked him to figure out what is going on.

Salesperson called me back on Friday and said that there was an "issue" with the paperwork the finance manager sent to Ally having something to do with an error in how they titled the car. He said not to worry and that I could bring my payment to them on Thursday if they haven't gotten it figured out by then.

I'm pretty concerned with the idea of bringing my lease payment to them as I don't want to have an issue with Ally once they get the paperwork resolved and I'm not sure what motivation the dealership has to get this done in a timely manner.

What are all of your thoughts?

Really appreciate you all taking the time to read and give me some feedback.

Wow...I thought "Did I mistakenly post this as AdamK"...ditto here. I leased on 07/14. 3 weeks later I had not received anything from Ally. I tried creating an account on their website, but they had no record of me or my car...a phone call to them netted little more than "try us back in a week". I pointed out that "In a week, I'll be overdue!"...they were non-plussed. I called them back a week later, and they indicated I should call my dealership. The dealership figured out they had done something wrong (i.e. used "Ally Bank" instead of "Ally Finance" verbiage or something to that effect - indicated they were different depending on whether it was a lease vs. loan - who knows what happened). Anyway, they got it straightened out and indicated it would be a couple of days before I could make a payment online, but they indicated they could do it for me if I gave them a credit card...which I needed to do since I was now overdue (#%!$!#$). I gave them the CC and they made the payment. A day or so later they told me I should be able to create an account online and sure enough I was able to yesterday. I immediately checked my "payment history" and saw both my "first" payment (the one due at signing) as well as the credit card payment from a few days prior. I set it up for auto pay against my bank account in an attempt to not have to deal with it any more. I am hopeful the 2 day delay doesn't show up on my credit at this point. I would recommend a credit card so it goes through immediately and you have some recourse with your CC company in the event of an issue.

dknn79
08-20-2012, 01:32 PM
I leased on July 14 and received a statement about 2 weeks later and a welcome booklet about 3 weeks later.

I was able to log onto Ally about a week after the sales transaction.

AdamK
08-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks all, great feedback. I'm going to stop by the dealer today and get it worked out. They sat on my trade payoff for almost 3 weeks (sold the car in 4 days) and I had to unscramble that deal with Nissan too. Love the car, not so impressed with the dealership so far.

AdamK
08-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Went in and met with the finance guy today....turns out he was new to Chevy and his first five leases were not completed correctly.....mine had the Ally admin fee $200 less than it was supposed to. The dealership ate it but that's what the hold up was. Dealer bought me dinner and I'm going to make my first payment to the dealership. During the process I saw that my mistake was the cheapest ...... he set the residual for another customer at 60% and it was supposed to be 58% (which is going to cost the dealer $895).

Thanks again to all of you for your posts.