GM Volt Forum banner

Bose Audio System

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Jedi2155 
#1 ·
I just finished checking the status of my Volt on Chevroletconnects. It's currently sitting at status level 3300. When I clicked on the "Order" tab it brought up the options I have selected for my Volt. I was surprised to see "UQA Boston Acoustic Premium Audio System". I thought the radio system was supposed to be a Bose Audio System, or are the speakers by Boston Acoustics and the head unit by Bose or vice versa?

#3 ·
My lemon replacement Volt is at status 3400 right now and I *definitely* ordered the Bose 7 speaker system. Mine is also being listed as Boston Acoustics like the above poster on the tracking site.

I have the base system now and it is most certainly not made by Boston Acoustics; it's unbranded and awful.

Perhaps BA is a running-change replacement vendor for the upgraded stereo now?

-Drew

#7 ·
I was considering ordering the base Boston Acoustics model originally. You have found there is a significant difference between the BA and Bose audio systems?

#4 ·
Mine said "UQA Boston Acoustic Premium Audio System" also... I ordered the Bose... and it was right when I got it. I know that might not be all that reassuring... but at least I can confirm that that order page is wrong but you'll get the right radio.

#5 ·
Some of confusion may be explained by the following heading found at the top of the order page:

*Please Note: content shown may not include all your options and accessories. See dealer for complete list. the confusion may be explained by the heading on the order tab:

I do have the option "UFV Audio System with Navigation" also, things must be displayed differently on that order page.

#6 ·
On ChevroletConnects (NOT official GM) it has NEVER said BOSE it has always said Boston Acoustics. But as long as the Code is correct then you will get BOSE, same was on mine. Check the code vs the Official Chevrolet webpage to make sure it is indeed the Bose Code.

#9 ·
UQA is the order code for the bose speaker system. mine was also showing boston acoustics along with that code but when the window sticker became available it now shows UQA bose speaker system. it's the same problem as AFF showing to be black leather, it shows up later as being black with neutral accents.

hope this helps, cmr

#11 ·
Yes, there is a significant difference. To clarify, the base stereo is *not* Boston Acoustics to the best of my knowledge. It's an OEM generic set of speakers that runs off of the head unit. The sound is...okay. It doesn't distort much but the upper ends are just painful to my ears. The two-speaker standard setup in my Toyota Tacoma sounded better, honestly.

I'm not a Bose fan, but the Bose setup in the Volt is much clearer and has stronger bass. I don't find the high end as painful to listen to in the Bose-equipped Volts. I wish Boston Acoustics made the Volt stereo upgrade as they do in the Camaro as that system sounds lovely.

-Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.