GM Volt Forum banner

MyChevrolet App does not work with the Volt?

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RDO CA 
#1 ·
Going to call the Volt Adviser's, but just curious if it is working for anyone else. All it tells me is it does not have the information for my 2012 Volt.. Works with my father in law's Cruze perfectly as I have that in there as a secondary car, and I can pull all that up. Then switch back to the Volt and it keeps telling me the information is unavailable for the car. Also can't wait till the efficiency stuff goes live on myvolt.com... That stuff will be helpful. Only reason I post this today is because I just had an update get pushed on my phone to the MyChevrolet App and I was hoping it was going to bring the support for the 2012's.. Sadly it didn't.

#2 ·
There are TWO apps i believe Onstar RemoteLink and MyChevrolet. The Volt works with the RemoteLink app AFAIK

#3 ·
I do have the OnStar Remote Link which is an awesome app.. The MyChevrolet one is just the owners manuals, and stuff like that. Plus it has an index of all the check engine lights and their explinations. Plus it has a GPS parking reminder of where you left your car and other useful stuff.. Is not to huge of a deal, but I was just trying to get the owners manuals and stuff on my phone.

#4 ·
I remember the MyChevy app working for my MY2011 a few months ago and haven't used the app since. I just went to check my phone and it lost the VIN number so I need to re-enter to see if it works still. I'll look at it after work today.

#6 ·
The RemoteLink will pull up the MyChevrolet App.. Like I was saying if I put in my father in laws info I can pull up his 2011 Cruze in both RemoteLink and MyChevrolet perfectly... Then RemoteLink works flawlessly with my Volt. It is just the MyChevrolet app I guess that just doesn't support the 2012 Volt yet. :(

#9 ·
Go ahead and select 2011 Volt. Once you enter your VIN #, it will correctly recognize your car as a 2012 Volt. Some of the features don't work, like the manual, it says it's not available yet. I find the app fairly worthless, I ended up deleting it. Remotelink I use a lot, mainly to remote start and put in turn-by-turn directions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.