The Volt is again sold in China – as a Buick – and no, it’s not called the Electra.
Named after a former concept car, the Velite 5 demonstrates that miles are shorter in China, as the powertrain rated 53 miles in the U.S. goes a whopping 72 in the Peoples’ Republic.
“Equipped with GM’s latest intelligent electric drive system, the Velite 5 offers up to 768 kilometers of range in extended-range mode,” said the automaker. “Its prioritized pure electric driving mode provides 116 kilometers of range, fulfilling consumers’ demand to commute with zero petroleum consumption and zero emissions.”
Everyone here already knows the basics of its specifications, but the Buick nameplate is considered upscale especially in China.
A spec it gets above the U.S. is “A highly efficient automatic air-conditioning system filters out PM2.5 fine particulate matter and odors,” to tackle Chinese urban air quality.
Buick of China said in a press release this is its second model to wear the Buick Blue badge.
The Velite 5 joins the LaCrosse hybrid electric vehicle launched last April.
“Two trim levels are being offered,” says Buick. “The 1.5GL is priced at RMB 265,800 ($33,368)and the 1.5GS is priced at RMB 295,800 ($37,724). Each is eligible for a subsidy of RMB 36,000 from SAIC-GM.”
Buick Velite 5 highlights:
• Power Split technology used in both pure electric and extended-range mode ensures that each power source contributes its fair share in different driving modes to maintain high energy efficiency and provide consistent driving performance.
• Multiple intelligent safety systems include adaptive cruise control (ACC), lane keep assist (LKA), automatic parking assist (APA) and high-beam assist (HBA). All trims come with 10 air bags as standard.
• Modern aestheticism and compact coupe styling blend with interior spaciousness to meet a range of user needs.
• Keyless entry and push-button start enhance convenience.
• A highly efficient automatic air-conditioning system filters out PM2.5 fine particulate matter and odors.
• A Bose premium sound system has eight speakers for acoustic pleasure.
• Next-generation OnStar telematics service is free of charge for five years. With 4G LTE, users can enjoy a range of safety and security, connectivity and mobility services.
• OnStar’s mobile app enables users to remotely monitor vehicle conditions, such as power level and charging status, and search for public charging facilities.
• An 8-inch high-definition touchscreen supports Bluetooth, voice recognition and Apple CarPlay, offering a safe high-speed connectivity experience for the driver and passengers.
We know you like the Volt, but wouldn’t you really rather have a Buick?
This entry was posted on Thursday, April 20th, 2017 at 5:55 am and is filed under General. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.