Dec 14

The Chevy Volt Dance

volt-dance

[ad#post_ad]I bet you thought you had seen and heard it all when we posted the Chevy Volt song here last week.  Well it turns out you hadn’t.

Apparently GM had set that catchy little ditty called “Chevy Volt and Me” to an actual choreographed routine.

Not only does America’s most important upcoming car have its own song, but its own dance as well.

GM played the song along with this dance routine each hour of the LA Auto Show and will be bringing it around  to all the nation’s upcoming auto shows as well.

Special thanks to a fan who captured this video for all of us to see.  And thanks a lot for sticking this song back in our heads again!

This fan who also runs the site called Sunpluggers writes “My husband and I visit your site regularly. We took some video of the Chevy Volt dancers at the LA Car Show; they were very entertaining.”  That’s one way of putting it.

Ladies its OK to try this at home, but guys, not so much.

This entry was posted on Monday, December 14th, 2009 at 6:49 am and is filed under Marketing. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Dec 14th, 2009 (6:59 am)

Well ….. :)

Paul

Paul

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:00 am)

Speechless…….

barry252

barry252

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:17 am)

Long term solvency for GM will come from volume sales. I hope GM is planning on sharing the Volt drivetrain across different vehicles and making the Volt in several different plants.

JohnK

JohnK

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:18 am)

And breaking news, the new plug-in Prius was officially announced today. only 150 to be delivered this year? But the claim is 150 MPG. By that logic the 230 MPG of the Volt sounds very conservative.

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:19 am)

Well built… the Volt that is.

=D~

JohnK

JohnK

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:27 am)

barry252: Now I understand why GM shuffled their management team. I’m really excited about the Volt, but the roll out plans look as if the volume will be too low. If the early adopters can’t get one, they’ll buy elsewhere. When Prius was first released, dealers were charging a premium. Will we see this next year from Chevy?

I was at a holiday party over the weekend with an engineer at GM and asked how things were. He indicated that it had affected him, but those above him were hit worse and that there was still more to go until things settle down. He was working on the Cadillac CTS and is now working on the Cruze, which by the way he spoke very highly of.

pdt

pdt

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:33 am)

Hope that don’t take that on the road.

JohnK

JohnK

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:39 am)

They all seemed athletic :) .
    But I don’t think that Tiger will be after them.

jabroni

jabroni

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:50 am)

I couldn’t finish the video, it was that bad. Wow…

Neil

Neil

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:56 am)

I don’t know if I can look at a Volt the same way again! LOL

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:58 am)

The only thing missing from the video was Chairman Whitacre dancing in a thong.

Bruce

Bruce

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:59 am)

Danny Thai

Danny Thai

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:04 am)

Nicely choreographed piece!

I see the E (cresent shaped body) and the V (upside down partial handstand / hands raised).

This is a great video to start off someone not knowing anything about the Volt. It educates the person while being entertaining.

@jabroni I see your point. However, this is not meant to be a full-blown Bollywood dance routine. It’s just to entertain us Volters!

zipdrive

zipdrive

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:12 am)

Bearclaw

Bearclaw

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:15 am)

Just when I thought you couldn’t do anything dumber you go out there and do something like this…..and totally redeem yourself!

Danny Thai

Danny Thai

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:18 am)

Well I was going to say not at all, but I am going to retract that.

The Volt’s 230 MPG number can be understated and conservative, as JohnK previously said.

According to The Car Connection, “The Prius Plug-in Hybrid has an electric-only driving range of about 14.3 miles and returns a claimed fuel economy of about 134 mpg.”

In my opinion, the Volt far surpasses those numbers. The Volt has an electric range of 40 miles, 279% more than the Prius plug-in. This electric range of the Volt fully covers most people’s commutes. Most people will burn more gas than they thought with the Prius plug in because simply, most people drive more than 14.3 miles very often. That realistic MPG is probably much lower than 134. While possible, 134 will be very difficult to achieve for normal drivers. The Volt, however, allows most driving commutes to be electric only. The Volt allows most people to have insanely high MPGs! It could be 1000 or 2000 MPG, who knows?

We have to keep in mind that all Volts will burn gas. It is simply because, as previously reported, the gas gets cycled from time to time to keep the ICE part of the car running smoothly. It probably isn’t much, but it’s something.

Scottie

Scottie

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:28 am)

Ok. I understand the need for marketing and name recognition. But could someone tell me how much money they spent on the song and the dance?

Although at this time GM should be pretty good at the song and dance routine…after all they did it to get US taxpayer dollars.

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:30 am)

Wow, and before I had my morning coffee. I think I better let my opinion “percolate” a bit before commenting further.
    Learning theory DOES suggest that the more multisensory the message the more like it is to “take”.
    Be well,

Let’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

Mike D

Mike D

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:38 am)

But to each their own!

Go Volt.

joe obrien

joe obrien

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:42 am)

Wow, that is gay. Please stop this kind of stuff GM.

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:42 am)

Mike D: yeahhhhhhh i don’t think anyone under 40 can be entertained by that….. i had my hand over my mouth with a look on my face like i was watching my family being murdered while i was watching that video. I can’t take it seriously….But to each their own!Go Volt.

Hey, I’m over 40 and I didn’t find it entertaining! :)

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:49 am)

The Village People (YMCA) meet John Travolta doing “Staying Alive”? (still no coffee)
    Be well,

Let’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

Randy

Randy

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:00 am)

Now its getting ridiculous!

Guido

Guido

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:09 am)

Sorry, Lyle – I refuse to watch the video ( I’ll take our esteemed fellow posters word for it ! ). Sometimes, less is more. Less of this video would have been more entertaining.

CDAVIS

CDAVIS

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:10 am)

______________________________________________________
    Lyle’s post said:
    “…GM played the song along with this dance routine each hour of the LA Auto Show and will be bringing it around to all the nation’s upcoming auto shows
    as well…”
    —————

I’m thinking the guy spinning on his head will grind off his scalp early in the Volt dance tour if he is performing that head spin each hour…
    ______________________________________________________

BillR

BillR

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:11 am)

joe obrien:
    Wow, that is gay.

Remember, San Francisco may be one of the first markets for the Volt.

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:13 am)

Danny Thai: On another note, I figured something out. I live in a apartment (a few stories up). Even though we do not have a garage or anything, I think I would still be able to charge the Volt. How? I would run a grounded extension cord to the Volt, dropping it at the stairs (there is a openable window there that goes to where the Volt could be parked). I know its really a method of charging that probably is not a good idea. But hey, if that is the only way I can have my Volt running on electric, I will do it.  (Quote)

25′ max on the cable.. not sure if that would reach

Tim

Tim

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:30 am)

My breakfast tasted better on the way down… ; (

Paul

Paul

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:39 am)

Rashiid Amul: The only thing missing from the video was Chairman Whitacre dancing in a thong.

Now THAT is a vision I really could have done without
    this early in the morning. :D

LRGVProVolt

LRGVProVolt

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:41 am)

It started my day out better than most with a smile on my face and that’s before my daily cup of coffee, Tag.

How anyone can say that isn’t entertaining is amazing. It will certainly draw attention from those attending the shows. Nice legs and all! The choreography adds significantly to the song; gives it the kick it needed.

By the way, I’m well beyond 40! And I liked it.

Happy trails to you ’til we meet again.

joe

joe

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:41 am)

GM’s money can be better spent in other ways. I hope they didn’t spend much money on this, because both the song and dancing is lousy. I’m just calling a deuce a deuce.

GM, if you need help in advertising get someone competent!

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:41 am)

This was close to a unanimous thread as I’ve seen, but the irrepressible LRGV chimed in with a positive review. :-)
    Be well,

Let’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

Starcast

Starcast

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:56 am)

Oh I think I need to sue for hurting my back trying to dance along.

I can see it now a new show called “Dancing with the electric CARS”.

MrDuck85

MrDuck85

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:00 am)

Well, they’re certainly agile…. and energetic…. like the Volt…. at least, I hope that’s the message :) Isn’t it?

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:01 am)

I’m sorry. I just threw up in my mouth a little… :(
    It is nice to see that in this recession, out-of-work cheerleaders can still find part-time work… signing up with “School House Rock”.

Tagamet

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:02 am)

Starcast: Oh I think I need to sue for hurting my back trying to dance along.I can see it now a new show called “Dancing with the electric CARS”.

It’s a pretty limited field of plugins for the show. Volt, LEAF, maybe the Prius. Not a bad idea though (wink).
    Be well,

Let’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

Tagamet

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:05 am)

CorvetteGuy: I’m sorry. I just threw up in my mouth a little…

That’s an insult to School House Rock (lol) I don’t remember it having break-dancers anyway.
    Be well,

Let’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

Tagamet

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:09 am)

Gotta run.
    BBL
    Be well,

Let’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

Ray

Ray

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:12 am)

I had to stop before it got halfway through… My daughter is a hip hop instructor and corieographer for some local studios…

I have seen exceptional dancers at the studios where she teaches..

If it were a school… this video is barely grade one out of 10 grades

ZERO Stars for this GM…

BDP

BDP

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:21 am)

That “song & dance” could be considered abusive if forced to watch!

hayley

hayley

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:31 am)

Sigh… adding a break dancer doesn’t make this whole thing any less lame. Actually I might not have a problem with the dancing if I didn’t hate the song so much.

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:36 am)

I was just wondering what those poor dancers were thinking. Here is what comes to mind:

“Fiftten years of ballet and classical dance lessons, and here I am doing this stupid dance! I am sorry Mom & Dad….”

“I am going to kill the person that wrote that ridiculous song!”

“The money is not worth the hit to my self esteem!”

“I signed up for the Caddy XLR Roadster display – How in the world did I get stuck over here????”

“My head hurts – How many more times do I have to do that head spin???”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t get it. GM takes the most technologically advanced personal transportation system ever devised, and reduces it to this? Do they really think we are all that stupid????? IMHO, GM needs to find a new marketing company. If Fritz gave the final approval for this, I can now understand why he is gone………

NPNS

LRGVProVolt

LRGVProVolt

Dec 14th, 2009 (11:09 am)

JohnK: And breaking news, the new plug-in Prius was officially announced today.only 150 to be delivered this year?But the claim is 150 MPG.By that logic the 230 MPG of the Volt sounds very conservative.

Toyota won’t be bringing this plug in Prius to full production and sale until two years from now. I seriously wonder how well they will sell considering Nissan Leaf range of 100 miles (AER), and the Volt with its extended range capability. From the phv-overview, it appears that they engineered the plug-in Prius to compete as an urban vehicle on the 5.2 Kw lithium-ion battery while the normal hybrid drive train would be for long distance/highway use. It seems to me they are marketing it as an all-purpose vehicle just as GM is doing. Go here to view the complete overview:

Based on what I see, IMHO, the Plu-In Prius will not realize many sales. The Volt is clearly superior to it and those who don’t need to travel great distances and would be satisfied with just short travel will elect to buy a BEV like the Leaf. I think it is a loser for Toyota; by the time they begin offering them in quantity (two year from now), there will be a lot more competition, and the Volt’s price should have dropped to a comparable price.

One thing that the overview shows that I hope GM has built into the Volt is the capability to run the AC while it is parked and charging the battery. Toyota has a nice presentation on how much energy is saved by not having to run the AC as hard from the battery pack upon starting the car. I think they have a good feature and selling point that other manufacturers can
    incorporate into their vehicles.

Happy trails to you ’til we meet again.

Dec 14th, 2009 (11:16 am)

Maybe GM should have hired these guys instead.

0.jpg

Revenge-Nerds-movie-02.jpg

Dec 14th, 2009 (11:33 am)

barry252: Now I understand why GM shuffled their management team.

7:17 AM

No s**t! +1

LRGVProVolt

LRGVProVolt

Dec 14th, 2009 (11:35 am)

Tagamet: This was close to a unanimous thread as I’ve seen, but the irrepressible LRGV chimed in with a positive review.
    Be well,
    TagametLet’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

Once more, thank you, my friend ;) It would appear that negativism runs rampant in the American society.

The simple gingle and dance routine most likely was very inexpensive for GM. Having them do the routine at shows is refreshing: one step up from just having good looking women walking around greeting the visitors to the show.

I come from a city where new candy bars were market tested; KitKat comes to mind. The great looking ladies would be passing out samples: they got everyones attention; not just candy to fill your stomach but eye candy too. I just loved their long sexy legs.

Happy trails to you ’til we meet again.

Herm

Herm

Dec 14th, 2009 (11:35 am)

Jim I: “My head hurts – How many more times do I have to do that head spin???”
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, I liked it.. but I think its not polished enough for the national TV campaign :)

LRGVProVolt

LRGVProVolt

Dec 14th, 2009 (11:48 am)

Jim I: If Fritz gave the final approval for this, I can now understand why he is gone………

Fritz wasn’t in charge of marketing: Lutz was and he is still around.

Happy trails to you ’til we meet again.

Augustine

Augustine

Dec 14th, 2009 (12:00 pm)

Augustine

Augustine

Dec 14th, 2009 (12:46 pm)

When people are confident enough to poke a little fun at themselves or their product, as GM does with its Volt dancers, it’s not a sign of weakness. It’s a sign of strength.

Monroe

to
    look.

Dec 14th, 2009 (1:52 pm)

LRGVProVolt: #32

Be well,
    TagametLet’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

The simple jingle and dance routine most likely was very inexpensive for GM. Having them do the routine at shows is refreshing: one step up from just having good looking women walking around greeting the visitors to the show

You’re right, maybe we take the Volt a bit to seriously and just need to lighten up. Perhaps, I should have described it as “not so much to my liking”. Good looking long-legged women, however, are always in good taste (g).
    Be well,

Let’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

Dec 14th, 2009 (2:33 pm)

Tagamet:
    Good looking long-legged women, however, are always in good taste

Being the typical male pig, I couldn’t agree more. ;)

Dec 14th, 2009 (3:25 pm)

Tagamet: Good looking long-legged women, however, are always in good taste (g).

1:52 pm

I don’t have any problem with good looking long-legged women. I have a problem with frivilous, business as usual, advertising from a bankrupt, money losing, taxpayer bailed out corporation. As far as I’m concerned, that’s OUR money they’re spending there. A bit more of an image of frugality would be appreciated.

Dec 14th, 2009 (4:04 pm)

Noel Park:
    1:52 pmI don’t have any problem with good looking long-legged women.I have a problem with frivilous, business as usual, advertising from a bankrupt, money losing, taxpayer bailed out corporation.As far as I’m concerned, that’s OUR money they’re spending there.A bit more of an image of frugality would be appreciated.

I didn’t come away with a sense of an extravagant presentation. If anything it looked to me to be a low budget event. JMO
    Be well,

Let’s Just Get The Volts’ Wheels On The Road!!**********NPNS

c.

c.

Dec 14th, 2009 (4:17 pm)

Absolutely a Crock of S@#$%!

dave

dave

Dec 14th, 2009 (6:41 pm)

Ugggghhhh…. come on GM sheeesh….. act like you’ve been there!

why did you have to go and hire the same Marketing Company that Microsoft used for the opening of the Microsoft Stores??

bintoo

bintoo

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:22 pm)

ok, this site just officially “jumped the shark”.

Joe

Joe

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:23 pm)

Is this what happens to So You Think You Can Dance contestants?

VoltinME

VoltinME

Dec 14th, 2009 (7:44 pm)

OMG!

Your tax dollars at work. | Iowa Liberal

Your tax dollars at work. | Iowa Liberal

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:17 pm)

[...] The Chevy Volt Dance. [...]

strictlymacin

strictlymacin

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:37 pm)

what’s worse here the song or the dance? those guys would look a lot cooler with some real beats going on. nah……

evchels

evchels

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:43 pm)

Augustine: The conversation about this video sounds a little like nunnery residents who can’t stomach the idea of their God being treated in a lighthearted way. Having seen it live, I can report that the people at the auto show liked the routine, found it amusing and heartily approved. It was by far the biggest drawing card there. It’s the people of LA who actually buy cars. They’re the folks whose opinions matter.

I’m sorry- I’m one of the 2 or 3 LA residents who are actually native (and spent several days at the show), and I’ve got some experience in EV marketing. And as a girl who once crawled into the trunk of an EV1 with another person and then allowed it to be documented on film just to display the amount of cargo room in a lighthearted way, I don’t think marketing should always be serious. I implored Brent Dewar at the auto show panel event to focus as much on the fun and emotion of driving the Volt as the more pragmatic elements. But “it’s so simple, like a dimple” is not what I had in mind.

Yes, at least the first year of Volts will sell w/o advertising- and it’s clear from this little number that Chevy is certain of that, layering on a little fluffly, formulaic marketing for show. Even then, Chevy had a perfect diddy opportunity in the already popular TMBG’s “Electric Car”

My main concern, however, is that Chevy hasn’t at all been through the learning curve that the GM Volt folks have in terms of the issues, history, and market. They don’t understand who their customers will be, and aren’t focused enough (imo) on the sales and infrastructure processes, dealer training (one of the most underestimated challenges w alt fuels/new products) etc., that will ensure those early buyers are also ambassadors. If these folks don’t have a good experience, all the marketing in the world won’t make up for it.

GM, wtf is this Chevy Volt video?

GM, wtf is this Chevy Volt video?

Dec 14th, 2009 (8:43 pm)

[...] Hopefully someone lost their job at GM over it because this is not how you sell the Chevy Volt. [GM-Volt via AutoblogGreen] Tweet [...]

GM, wtf is this Chevy Volt video? | Products & Tech News

GM, wtf is this Chevy Volt video? | Products & Tech News

Dec 14th, 2009 (9:56 pm)

[...] Hopefully someone lost their job at GM over it because this is not how you sell the Chevy Volt. [GM-Volt via [...]

Red HHR

Red HHR

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:06 pm)

I would rather look at (and talk about) Lug Nuts.
    DASRP-1525SLBBK.jpg

Good Lord

Good Lord

Dec 14th, 2009 (10:41 pm)

I was sure 7 plagues were enough. This type of man made one is confusing to me.Oh, right, this the plague on both their houses, marketing and management. A blah looking me too vehicle and a song that is as insipid as almost any that I have had the displeasure to be exposed to, again much like a viral disease. I looks like GM needs to start up the human and animal sacrifices again so that the devil you know will reappear and save their collective bacon. I abstain from interfering in this mess.

69. [...]  |  GM-Volt  | Email this | Comments Share and [...]

Harry Marks

Harry Marks

Dec 15th, 2009 (12:03 am)

Why GM? Why oh why???

Did we pay for that and where’s it going to get us?

BTW – I’m almost 80 and I had my hand over my mouth too. Didn’t want to puke on my keyboard.

Laugh of The Day: GM Exposes The Human Race to The Chevy Volt Dance

Laugh of The Day: GM Exposes The Human Race to The Chevy Volt Dance

Dec 15th, 2009 (12:51 am)

[...] GM-Volt via CrunchGear [...]

72. [...]  |  GM-Volt  | Email this | Comments Comments RSS Feed   Trackbacks are closed [...]

EVO

EVO

Dec 15th, 2009 (2:00 am)

So that’s what max torque at 0 rpm and strong, smooth, near linear acceleration available at all times and very quiet in AER sounds and looks like in song and dance?

Just askin’…

I thought it might look more like:

Watch the YouTube (on YouTube at:)

I suppose if electric drive is good enough for the top international racers who just won these FIM (think Formula One, but for motorcycles) sanctioned events to forget what they were riding (electric moto can be like flying, without engine noise, pure ecstasy), it’ll be good enough for Volt and the American public. Race on Sunday, Buy on Monday, anyone? Unproven, my a@@. It sure was nice to see the unquenchable EV grin get stuck on the faces of power jaded, stone cold racing pro veterans.

74. [...]  |  GM-Volt  | Email this | Comments Translate this [...]

75. [...]  |  GM-Volt  | Email [...]

Karate Dad

Karate Dad

Dec 15th, 2009 (9:14 am)

The Volt and the Plug In Prius are in different categories. The Prius is a hybrid, with the gas engine providing most of the power. Plugging it in just means the batteries are fully powered when you get in it. Still won’t run that long on battery. The Volt is an electric vehicle, and is powered by the electric motors. The gas engine is there solely to charge the batteries. That means the gas engine runs at peak efficiency a hundred percent of the time. Volt=Future, Prius=Past

Bruce: The announement of the plug in (130 mi/charge) Pruis was all over the news in S. Florida. How is this going to affect the Volt??  (Quote)

77. [...]  |  GM-Volt  | Email this | Comments Rate this topic: (No Ratings Yet) Popularity: 0 [...]

Nuoc Mam

Nuoc Mam

Dec 15th, 2009 (9:57 am)

Who thought this up?

79. [...] [Source: GM-Volt.com] [...]

Tom M

Tom M

Dec 15th, 2009 (12:23 pm)

OMG. Way to go GM. Just when people were taking you serious again. I hate to say this but somebody should lose their job over this abomination.
    (sound of me puking as I type)

Ex-EV1 driver

Ex-EV1 driver

Dec 15th, 2009 (12:51 pm)

It looks like GM is going to try to kill the Volt with bad marketing, just like they did with the EV1. What a great strategy. Spend a lot of money on stupid, bad, advertising gimmicks. Then they can complain that they spent tons of money trying to sell it but nobody wanted it.
    Bad GM!

LB

LB

Dec 15th, 2009 (10:44 pm)

Lyle – Please make them stop!!!!

What a horrible way to ruin a great car.

GM – That’s the last straw. I want my tax money back that our gov’t has given you.

EVO

EVO

Dec 15th, 2009 (11:26 pm)

A little context:

If either the song or dance sells more Volts, eventually at a profit, I’m all for them.

Gary

Gary

Dec 16th, 2009 (1:52 am)

If you search YouTube for “kaizenettes”, you will see some pretty cheezy performances for Toyota.

status

status

Dec 16th, 2009 (3:40 am)

this is by far, without question, the absolute gayest thing i’ve ever seen or heard in my entire life. this whole bullshit green movement just makes me want to puke. there are so many arguments against these cars and how badly the construction of their components damage the environment, it’s ridiculous! i can’t wait for this stupid trend to be over with. you idiots like to think you’re saving the environment, but really you’re just doing it because martha stewart or oprah or some other smug liberal faggot told you to. a million volts and priuses won’t change the environment. they just make cars gayer. but, of course, people are getting gayer every day and they do have to drive something.

86. [...] Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments Subscribe to comments Both comments and pings are currently closed. | Post Tags: [...]

Leonard Pinth Garnell

Leonard Pinth Garnell

Dec 16th, 2009 (11:18 am)

Well, that wasn’t very good, was it?

Simply awful, Just dreadful.

voltmania

voltmania

Dec 16th, 2009 (12:19 pm)

OMG That’s horrible…….Who ever came up with that lame idea needs to be fired. Hopefully they won’t have this at all the auto shows

How has the Chevy Volt Dance Affected Volt Marketing?

How has the Chevy Volt Dance Affected Volt Marketing?

Dec 16th, 2009 (2:38 pm)

[...] Not Use the Atkinson CycleToyota Officially Launches Plug-in Prius, Mass Production to Begin in 2011The Chevy Volt DanceGM Says EEStor-Powered Chevy Volt Would be Possible, if EESU WasWill Garage Charger Installation [...]

JR

JR

Dec 16th, 2009 (5:13 pm)

CHEVY C’MON MAN , YOUR PR GROUP SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES !!! ,I WAS THINKING OF BUYING A VOLT BUT NOT ANYMORE . THE CAR COULD BE THE SAME AS THIS CRAPPY PR . GET REAL THIS IS NOT THE 1950′S ANYMORE !!!!

smells foul

smells foul

Dec 16th, 2009 (5:22 pm)

this pr is one way to sink gm forever “PLEASE FIRE THIS PR BONEHEAD{ES} OR SMELL LIKE A SKUNK . JUST SO SMELLY.

Islander

Islander

Dec 17th, 2009 (2:36 am)

OMG! WTF was that? We are screwed. I am buying a Prius. … Sike, but that was really bad.

Allan

Allan

Dec 18th, 2009 (12:35 pm)

THIS is what the controversy is about?????

So they did a song and dance routine at a car show? So they were trying to promote the Volt with some theatrics!

It may be a hard video to watch, but it might catch your attention while you were distracted by the new SUV and sports car.

LostInPontiac

LostInPontiac

Dec 18th, 2009 (4:10 pm)

This was approved by??? OMG – If this is what Ed Whiteacre is doing to move the needle in the right direction then GM will go the way of Pontiac.
    So sad

95. [...]  |  GM-Volt  | Email this | Comments Categories: Electronics, Technology Tags: [...]

Sedreck

Sedreck

Dec 31st, 2009 (10:12 am)

The dance should have been short and simple. If you want to catch the attention of the American public a simple two step and hand movements will do. All that flipping and twirling was so over top.

Roger

Roger

Dec 31st, 2009 (8:31 pm)

i liked it..

Kathy

Kathy

Jan 10th, 2010 (12:25 pm)

I liked the break dancer. Is he famous? What is his name?

Chevy Volt song & dance caught on video « Motorthusiast

Chevy Volt song & dance caught on video « Motorthusiast

Jan 11th, 2010 (5:52 pm)

[...] December 15, 2009 GM fans at the Los Angeles Auto show have been treated to a choreographed song and dance in celebration of Chevy’s upcoming Volt. Thanks (I think) to an observer with a video camera the rest of us can also… um… enjoy this performance. Apparently GM plans to take this show on the road to other auto shows on the Volt’s itinerary. You may still get your chance to see it in person! Be sure to check out the youtube video. Nothing says “green” like hippies and break dancing right? Am I right? And my absolute favorite part is where they… wait, it was terrible. Nevermind. Will this kill Chevy’s chances of selling any volts? They will sell, but let’s hope they don’t suffer the fate of the EV1. I’d buy a Volt over a Prius or an Insight in a heartbeat. And let’s face it, I’ve always been a trend setter. Source: GM-Volt.com [...]

100. [...] [Source: GM-Volt.com] [...]